INDI Astromechanics driver is available as a 3rd party INDI driver. Under Ubuntu, you can install the driver via:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mutlaqja/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install indi-astromechfoc
The Astromechanics Canon Lens Controller is a Canon EF/EF-S compatible solution for external iris & focus drive. Tamron, Samyang, and Sigma lenses are also supported. It features :
- GOTO function (absolute position) and relative position
- Lens Apperture setting
Main Control Tab
- Direction : inward or outward for relative position demand values
- Relative position : demand offset to the actual position
- Position absolute : demand absolute position, allowed if lower than maximum position
- Maximum position : upload the limit to the focuser
- Apperture : setting index of lens apperture (0: apperture fully opened e.g. f/2.8, 22: apperture closed e.g. f/22)
The USB connection is made on the default port, or by autosearch. The device is recognized as a USB Serial converter. Baudrate at 38400 is mandatory.
The Options tab contains settings for all drivers that include polling (frequency of updates), logging, and debugging. No driver-specific options are available.
You may set pre-defined presets for common focuser positions in the Presets tab.
- Preset Positions: You may set up to 3 preset positions. When you make a change, the new values will be saved in the driver's configuration file and are loaded automatically in subsequent uses.
- Preset GOTO: Click any preset to go to that position
There are no known bugs for this driver. If you found a bug, please report it at INDI's Issue Tracking System at Github.