INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astroberry does not connect to QHY 268C

• Thank you received: 0
Hello, I'm new to astrophotography and got a QHY 268C (and EQ6-R Pro) that I want to connect to my PI4 running Astroberry. The EQ6-R Pro works fine with KStars, but the QHY 268C is not found. I tested the QHY 268C with my Macbook Air M1 and KStars without installing any drivers and also with my Windows PC and NINA after installing the drivers and on both it works fine, so no USB problem with the camera.

lsusb and dmesg don't show anything when plugging the camera into the Astroberry. Could this be the sign of a missing driver or how can I fix this?

clear nights
Michael
2 years 7 months ago #74102

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 20
Hi Michael,

Have a look in this thread : www.indilib.org/forum/ccds-dslrs/9628-pr...nd-odroid.html#70916

Clear skies
2 years 7 months ago #74113

Hey, I already saw that thread, but in his case the camera shows up in lsusb, in my case it isn't
2 years 7 months ago #74114

• Thank you received: 20
Hi Michael,
You saw but you don't read all the thread ;-) You need to use the good fxload file (given with QHY SDK).

Regards
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by ouioui01.
2 years 7 months ago #74123

I installed the new sdk allready, did not work ... after that I rebuild astroberry and replaced the fxload file in /sbin and it still does not work... I will send the camera back and get a ZWO 2600 instead :(
2 years 7 months ago #74138

I tried to connect the camera to an other PI (pihole) and lsusb shows the camera (with no astro drivers and so on installed ...) 

So is this a hardware problem with my astroberry USB (but why does the EQ6-R Pro work?) or a software problem (debian kernel?)?

Edit:

I now changed the Astroberry SD card to the PI3 and everything works fine. The only problem is --> no USB 3 on the PI3, so downloading the images from the cam is very slow. What could cause the problem with both of my PI4´s that the cam is not recognized, but the mount is?
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Michael.
2 years 7 months ago #74159

• Thank you received: 7
None of the usb3 ports work? What about the usb2 ones?

Enviado desde mi MI 9 mediante Tapatalk
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Miguel .
2 years 7 months ago #74452

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.763 seconds