to make my telescope setup less power-consuming in the field, I recently switched to Astroberry. My plan is to use it with the 7 inch Pi Touch display. However, I am running into a problem with some of the programs such as oacapture. As you can see in the attached screenshot, its window size seems to be too large to efficiently work with it. I tried changing this using wmctrl and by editing the framebuffer_width and _height values in config.txt but nothing seems to work, I just can't force these tools to fit into the window because at least oacapture refuses to get smaller at a certain point. I think it has something to do with the font size as the oacapture window yields so much text but even if I decrease the font size to "barely readable", it still does not fit.
Has anybody else encountered this problem and found a solution (or could think of one)?
Hi Gene, thanks for your reply. I played around with these values and the appearance settings a bit and I found a sweet spot where most applications windows are 100 % visible but everything is still readable so I don't have to use the magnifier that you mentioned. For oacapture it's not really working, unfortunately, so I guess for now I'll just have to find a work flow without using oacapture. However, if someone has another idea how to fix this (e.g. reducing the font size of only the oacapture window), I'm very happy to hear it.
Search for 'General' in the doc, the lowest radar button available in the page, right above the 'Display FPS' slider.
The text below the Settings description shows:
"Finally another option that may help on small displays, to split the controls off into a separate window that can be hidden behind the main preview window or minimised to get it out of the way."