INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astroberry and portable WIFI router

• Thank you received: 0
Hi, 
i've always connect to my raspberry with the device's hotspot and controlling with no issues via VNC on ipad.
I'm tring to use a portable router (TP-Link TL-WR802N Nano Router) to increase stability. So the routing will be Raspy - short ethernet cable - Tp-Link ---wifi--- VNC on ipad/laptop
I'm really a noob regarding connection, ip etc... so there's some astroberry's router for dummies guide or someting? 

Thanx!

2 years 4 months ago #77222

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 69
You'd want to set it up in Access Point Mode:
www.tp-link.com/us/user-guides/tl-wr802n...-mode#ug-sub-title-7

Put everything in the 192.168.0.x / 255.255.255.0 network, including setting the Astroberry Ethernet IP (static), the LAN IP and the DHCP Server configuration on the TP-Link.

Then connect the iPad to the TP-Link wireless network and connect to the Astroberry ethernet IP that you statically assigned.

This TP-Link appears to be 2.4Ghz (802.11b/g/n) only, so may have lower throughput than the Pi if the Pi was using 5Ghz (802.11ac)

Would also recommend disabling the Wifi on the Astroberry.
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Giles.
2 years 4 months ago #77231

• Thank you received: 0
I'll try that!

Thanks so much
2 years 4 months ago #77238

• Thank you received: 3
Hi
I finished having problems with wifi when I put this mikrotik RB951 connected by cable to the R Pi and connected by WiFi in bridge mode with my main WiFi Mikrotik (RB2011UiAS-2HnD)
2 years 4 months ago #77251
Attachments:

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds