INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astroberry and Celestron Nexstar. Does it work?

• Thank you received: 0
I will give that a look. Have you ever had issues with astroberry not automatically connecting to your WiFi? I have set the priorities but for some reason anytime I restart the pi I have to connect to the astroberry hotspot and then click join hidden network and then I can select the network profile I built.
2 years 3 months ago #78205

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 6
It automatically connects to the home wifi for me. 
2 years 3 months ago #78212

• Thank you received: 33
Thats strange that its losing the wifi info. I am guessing you have followed the steps recommended in astroberry.io site? www.astroberry.io/docs/index.php?title=A...erver#Installation_2
The following user(s) said Thank You: John
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by AstroMuni.
2 years 3 months ago #78215

Yeah I am not sure. I put in the information for my home network and I changed the priorities based on what I read online. The odd thing is that my network doesn't show up in the network list, but if I go to "Connect to Hidden Network" I can select my network profile from the drop down list and everything connects just fine. I have set my priorities both ways trying to figure it out.

Additional questions:
1. Tonight I worked on my profile for location and FOV and such. I picked the city closest to me which is within 10-15 miles. I was going to manually type in my coordinates but it wouldn't let me. Should this be good?  (Nevermind I found out where I can put in my actual coordinates)

2. I have heard it is better to run Kstar and such on your desktop and connect through VNC. I got VNC working and was able to connect, but I was still unclear on the order of what I need to do. Do I need to open anything on the astroberry? Do I just open kstars on my personal computer? I tried to setup kstars on my personal computer and it said everything was connected, but when I tried to manually slew the mount nothing happened.

I think that is all for now until I get some clear skies to test again.
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by John.
2 years 3 months ago #78234

1. City closest to your location should work fine. That is what I did.
2. Once the connections are successful in KStars running on Pi, and Pi is connected to home network, I run KStars on my windows PC. Create a profile, select remote INDI Web Manager, scan for INDI server. It automatically detects INDI running on Pi. Select Devices in the profile and connect. It works fine for me. Make sure your location/time settings are configured on Windows KStars as well. 
2 years 3 months ago #78241

I think that is all for now until I get some clear skies to test again.
@John you dont need to wait for clear skies. Just use the simulators instead of actual devices and try it. You can even try out the platesolving!

2 years 3 months ago #78245

I will have to figure how to use the simulator. I have clear skies tonight so I am hoping to can accomplish something.

At one point ekos says my mount is t aligned. Do I need to preform alignment on my mount from the handset first before doing platesolving?

Still haven’t figured out the WiFi issue but it isn’t a showstopper. It is just an extra step.

When I plate solve do I have to pick a target in kstars or can I just point it anywhere in the sky and it will see what stars are there and figure it out?
2 years 3 months ago #78294

Yes, a rough alignment on a planet can be used as a starting point. I hibernate my NexStar mount, maybe that's why I didn't have to do it again. Sorry about the confusion... 
2 years 3 months ago #78296

So you mean at the actual telescope I need to do a quick align? Like using the hand control and on screen alignment there? Then after that connect to the pi and ekos/kstars?
2 years 3 months ago #78297

2 years 3 months ago #78298

Step 1. Do polar alignment using tool in Ekos.
Step 2. Slew your mount to any star and do alignment.
Step 3. Repeat with another star in a different part of sky.
This should improve its pointing accuracy.
Do all of the above in Ekos. No need of any hand controller.
2 years 3 months ago #78299

Aligned the mount from the handset then connected to k-stars. Was able to do a little plate solving and now moving around to different targets. Sadly some clouds rolled in so I am on pause, but I would say I mostly back to my normal learning curve of putting in the right settings for photos. The auto focus was pretty nice. Thanks for all of the help on this @inder @astromuni and anyone else.
2 years 3 months ago #78301

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 1.768 seconds