INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Serial Port Assistant / Port Mappimng

• Thank you received: 1
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can point me to instructions on how to use the Serial Port Assistant in Astroberry, I've looked on the forum and cant find any specific to Astroberry.

I'm trying to help a friend get his Raspberry Pi and  Astroberry up and running, we've done most of it but their seems to be a conflict between his Altair Astro Guide Camera and his Altair Astro Imaging Camera.  When we connect his equipment the guide camera doesn't show up. When we connect the guide camera to the Pi on its own and try to connect it to EKOS, it doesn't show up as a guide camera, it shows up as the imaging camera, I think we may need to map the ports individually for each camera.  Can we map the ports using the Serial Port Assistant in Astroberry/Ekos once we know how to use it or is their some other method we need to use.

I have my own set up and have not run into this problem yet as my equipment is from different manufacturers.

I appreciate any help with this.

Doug 

2 years 3 months ago #78250

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 33
I had the same issue with my ZWO cameras. The work around that seems to work for me is I ask it NOT to auto connect devices in INDI profile. What happens in this instance is that it shows both camera names and gives me option to select for Capture & Guide.
Give that a go and see if it works for you.

If that doesnt work.....Just connect the cameras to RPi. You dont need INDI running. Open Terminal on the RPi and run the command lsusb -v. In the details it spits out you should see the IDs for both cameras separately. If they are not showing up there then there could be other problems.

WISH LIST: Serial port assistant to be expanded to take care of USB ports as well.
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by AstroMuni.
2 years 3 months ago #78253

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

I think we may have tried asking Indi Profile NOT to Auto Connect without success however we've tried so many things I cant remember. I'll give this another go, after which I'll try lsusb -v to see what this shows.

Thanks again

Doug
2 years 3 months ago #78259

• Thank you received: 21
Also have a look at “udev” rules in /dev/udev/rules.d/ and its documentation.

See here for an overview (with serial as use case): gist.github.com/edro15/1c6cd63894836ed982a7d88bef26e4af

If you could let us know what the outputs are, how you solved it (hopefully), I could create an issue/extension request out of it…
2 years 3 months ago #78260

• Thank you received: 12
The following user(s) said Thank You: AstroMuni
2 years 3 months ago #78263

Hi Tomas,

Thanks for the reply.

Do you know if this script will work on a Pi 4 as I see its for a Pi3

Doug
2 years 3 months ago #78279

• Thank you received: 12
Hi Doug,
No worries. Works on Raspberry Pi 4.

The author specifies: "This script is meant to automate the many setup steps involved with configuring a Raspberry Pi 3b, 3b+, 4 or similar single board computer (SBC) running Ubuntu or Raspbian, so that it can be an Astrophotography hub using INDI, KStars, and Ekos." -> github.com/rlancaste/AstroPi3 .

Tomas
2 years 3 months ago #78292

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.827 seconds