INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

What's the best way to control windowsizing using Astroberry with NoVNC

• Thank you received: 7
So, I finally got all my sh*t together (or so I thought) with suitable cables to control my Celestron 4se and Svbony-305 into the field with Astroberry. Have to take it in the field, no suitable viewing spot at my home. Got everything hooked up, connected to my Raspberry Pi running Astroberry and found that many application windows were too large for the screen with no scrolling facility available, hence no ability to move, resize, minimize, maximize windows and limited ability to even close applications (only if a file-close menu option was visible).

Very frustrating. I like the view I get with Astroberry/noVNC on my laptop, and its convenient, don't want to shrink my video size, but this was just too frustrating. What is the right path for me? Are there config files to be edited? Would things be better if I installed a VNC on the Pi (no overhead for the web browser headings, etc.) I'm linux-fluent and can do any sorts of manipulations that would help here. But getting all this setup outside on the fly is difficult.

This system is too good to be spoiled in such a silly way. What am I missing?
1 year 9 months ago #83268

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
Hi Steve,

I am using vnc viewer, which works great. Had the same problem before: www.realvnc.com/en/connect/download/viewer/

Hope this works for you
Simon
1 year 9 months ago #83269

• Thank you received: 7
Never mind! I'm such a dope.
1) Open Astroberry NoVNC server in a separate browser window
2) Go full screen on that window.
Problem solved.

Maybe this will help another dope with the same problem! I couldn't find this through googling.
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Steve Cohen.
1 year 9 months ago #83270

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds