INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astroberry not connecting to Synscan

• Thank you received: 0
Hi!
I'm trying to connect my Astroberry to my Skywatcher AZ-EQ 5 Pro. I have a Synscan to USB-Adapter. But when I try connecting to it, I get a warning that the port is alredy used by another driver or process. What do I need to do to connect it?
Thank you all in advance
1 year 4 months ago #87862

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 102
There used to be an issue where the gpsd program would keep the serial port open (even though it isn't a GPS device plugged into it). I thought that was fixed in Astroberry, but I could be wrong. But I'd make sure gpsd isn't running (from a terminal run sudo killall gpsd).
1 year 4 months ago #87901

Ahhh yess thank you. It works but when I reboot I have to run the command again. Is there a way so that I dont have to run the command every time I boot up?
1 year 4 months ago #87911

• Thank you received: 50
I have an SW AZ-EQ5 GT that I run with Astroberry without any need to reassign ports except the first time after a new installation. I operate through VNC and am running Astroberry 2.0.4 updated/upgraded to KStars 3.6.0.
A couple of years ago when Raspberry Pi made a major upgrade to the Linux kernel, we went through months of USB port issues, but things are much improved since then.
1 year 4 months ago #87954

How did you reassign the ports the first time?
1 year 4 months ago #87958

• Thank you received: 50
It all happens directly on the screen as you attempt to start an Indi Server and connect your equipment - a box pops up offering options which you select and confirm. After that first connection you can interrogate the options in the INDI Control Panel in the EQMOD mount Tab and Connections Sub-tab.
In my case there are two USB Serial Devices recognised both using the Prolific chip. One is the Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ5 and the other a Pegasus Astro Pocket Power Box.
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Avocette.
1 year 4 months ago #87959
Attachments:

Ahh thank you verry verry much!!
1 year 4 months ago #87960

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.701 seconds