INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

32Bit support RPi ended for Astroberry?

• Thank you received: 6
I'm using the Astroberry since 2 years or so on a 32Bit Pi4/4GB. I'm doing an apt-update and apt upgrade once a week but the update of KSTARS, EKOS and INDI seems to have ended.
My last INDI upgrade was with 1.9.7. On the Astroberry WIKI page as well on the Astroberry main web-page there is nothing to read about a necessary change to 64bit version in future.
Does anybody know the status? Or is the team only hard working to get the 64bit distribution / image to work and can't support the 2bit edition at the moment?

Cheers
Hardy
1 year 3 months ago #89402

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 109
From KStars 3.6.0 onward 32bit is not supported. Thought I can still compile it just fine if I disable GenerateProperties in kstars/Options.kcfg.cmake file
It appears to works then but there might be some hidden bugs? Jasem Mutlaq what is that GenerateProperties for?
1 year 3 months ago #89407

• Thank you received: 0
Its most unfortunate that astroberry+Raspberry Pi-4 with kstars 3.6.0 is slow and buggy, I just cannot get the date/time/location entered and saved . It almost works with the ZWO AM5 mount but very very slow

At the same time I have KSTARS 3.6.2 installed on Ubuntu 20.04 Laptop which works FINE.
but
Ubuntu 20.04 is no longer available for the Raspberry Pi or PCs so I’m STUCK , Old Astroberry with 3.5.8 KSTARS works fine with my Celestron mounts but apparently its too old for the ZWO AM5.

I FEEL STUCK in limbo .

What can I do, I really like Astroberry and do not want to change to anything else.
1 year 3 months ago #89434

I understand the PI-32bit version is not supported anymore, but in such case do I have to buy a new PI-4 64 bit or other boards ? The PI-4 cost are relevant and not competitive considering the market with other different board solution. I think that the PI-4 is a fine solution to manage a telescope remotely or to move to the telescope on top of mountain for a night with very low power consumption. This last topic pushed me in the past to adopt the PI solution to be flexible at home and on mountain.
1 year 3 months ago #89605

No all RPi 4 boards are 64bit capable. You just need to load 64bit OS www.raspberrypi.com/software/operating-s...spberry-pi-os-64-bit
1 year 3 months ago #89606

Thank you but my PI 4 is 32 bit. Can I install the 64 bit over a 32 bit? If yes, which versoon ?
1 year 3 months ago #89607

Yes just download new image and write it to SD card. Beware that you will lost all data on this card so backup any data you want to preserve. Download Raspberry Pi OS with desktop.

I wrote script that build INDI and KStars/Ekos from source nouspiro.space/?page_id=209
1 year 3 months ago #89608

If I realise well, I have to download the "Raspberry Pi OS with desktop" release (even if it 64 bit), burn this image on SD-card and then compile the source code. Do you confirm?
1 year 3 months ago #89617

Yes. After that it is same as with 32bit version.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sergio
1 year 3 months ago #89619

there is no KSTARS/INDI/EKOS for the 64 bit OS.. Try loading Ubuntu 20.04 server onto the Pi-4 then research how to load the desk top. I didn’t complete the latter because Ubuntu still has the complete full and latest 3.6.3 KSTARS and 1.9.7 INDI drivers so I run this on my Ubuntu Lenovo Laptop and it is trouble free. I am not sure about Ubuntu 22 since I don’t intend to go there so soon.
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Bbillp.
1 year 3 months ago #89622

No, after the image is copied to the Pi SD using on of the Pi utilities then the image is booted, there is NO COMPILING.
1 year 3 months ago #89623

Use a new SD, image copy the 64 bit OS to the SD and boot, thats it BUT there is NO compatible KSTARS so don’t destroy the 32 bit SD.
1 year 3 months ago #89624

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 1.429 seconds