INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astroberry and download speed

• Thank you received: 10
First a big KUDOS: I am ubuntu "not even novice", got my raspberry this AM, installed Astroberry, and 3 hours later I am connected to the scope through WIFI, and Kstars sees everything it needs to see -ASI1600, ASI120 which guides my CEM60, and a moonlite focuser. the only major issue is that it takes some 45 seconds or better to download an image from my ASI1600mm.

I know this could go faster, and just wondering where to look first. I am connected through Astroberry's WIFI system, as I am not smart enough yet to connect to house WIFI, and while my connection shows 5 bars, maybe it is not as peachy...

Thanks for any suggestion
Michael
5 years 1 month ago #35449

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
I've just installed but haven't yet used because I can't get INDI server alone on the PI 3 b+ running raspbian for some reason. nothing but errors...but with Astroberry...... if INDI server is running in the background which it has to be if It's using EKOS...... try running EKOS on another computer and connect to the INDI server on the pi, that way Kstars & Ekos uses the system resources of you computer in the house. Using all this software on the Pi is not needed if your using software that connects to the INDI server, and more efficient use of computers.
5 years 1 month ago #35451

• Thank you received: 375
If you run KStars/Ekos on your PC and connect to INDI server on Raspberry, wireless connection is a bottle neck.
There are two solutions to this: either you use wire connection or you use Astroberry as a remote desktop over VNC or just a web browser. In the latter approach everything is sitting on the Raspberry, including images from your camera. This approach is fast and reliable, you only need to download images after your session from Raspberry to your PC. Pictures folder is configured as network shared folder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael
5 years 1 month ago #35453

Correct. I should have clarified that I was connecting via ethernet and not wifi. One question. I don't see any quick way to connect via wifi that usually comes up with most operating systems just seeing your wifi and asking for a password. Logging in to the wireless Lan goes no where, says already configured but it's not connected to my wifi system.
5 years 1 month ago #35454

There's a custom wifi icon on the top bar or command line wlanconf or wlanconf-gui.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Evan
5 years 1 month ago #35456

Got it! the top of the screen wasn't showing up on my laptop screen. I get a full screen via Ethernet on my iMac. Problem though.... now that I logged into my WIFI i lost my Ethernet connection ability thru my other computer. The lights are on on the Pi's ethernet connection but no Ethernet Pi connection is being detected by my network scanning software.

Is the INDI server always running in the background when you boot up Astroberry........ I want to connect other Client software on my computer in the house via Ethernet to the Pi. I want to run some of the new Client software available for the Mac.
I tried installing INDI server on my Pi3b+ with the Raspbian OS on another SD Card.....but nothing but error messages. The dependencies and INDI server won't install. I see the last update for the INDI server was 2014 so i'm thinking.....is there a compatibility problem with the new Pi3b+ hardware and the latest version of INDI Server that hasn't been resolved?

Also......How can I change the language on the calendar? everything else is in english except that. lol thank you for the help!
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Michael Evan.
5 years 1 month ago #35458

By default INDI server does not autostart at boot. However you can easily make it to.
Connect to Astroberry with your web browser, login and using sliding menu on the left, open INDI Webmanager (telescope icon), make a new profile, select your devices, check auto start and save the profile. Next time you start Astroberry INDI server will be running with drivers ready for your devices.

Regarding the language on the calendar... You can change it on Regional Formats tab in menu System / Preferences / Personal / Language Support
5 years 1 month ago #35471

thank you. for some reason though after connecting the Pi to my Wifi I just lost the ability to connect via Ethernet. The lights are on the Pi's ethernet connection but even when i scan my system.... the Pi's Ethernet IP address is gone now.????? IF this would return by turning off Wifi on the Pi.... how do you turn the Wifi off?
5 years 1 month ago #35472

The easiest way is to remove wifi configuration file. Run this in terminal
sudo rm -rf /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
5 years 1 month ago #35475

Yes that works. The Pi obviously won't let you connect via Ethernet & Wifi at the same time. I noticed it does under Raspbian,, must be an Ubuntu Mate quirk.
5 years 1 month ago #35479

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.856 seconds