INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astroberry and IPad

• Thank you received: 10

Replied by J. Hill on topic Astroberry and IPad

A couple of possible solutions is to either define your profile in Ekos as local and start everything from there as Kaczorek described, or access the Web Manager directly and setup and save the profile. To access it directly, just add ':8624' to the end of the IP address that you are using to access Astroberry with your browser now. Ex - '192.168.0.123:8624'
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by J. Hill.
5 years 1 month ago #35757

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
hm, stupid question, but how do i get the ip adress? Do i have to ping it while it is connected? send a ping on a mac is different than on pc as far as i know!? or do i think to complicated here?

CS Frank
5 years 1 month ago #35778

• Thank you received: 10

Replied by J. Hill on topic Astroberry and IPad

The short answer is, whatever you are typing into your browser to access the astroberry is your astroberry's IP address.

A couple of other ways to get the IP address is to check your router's connected devices, or type 'ifconfig' into the Mate terminal. With ifconfig, if you are connected via wifi, it will be the inet addr under wlan0.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by J. Hill.
5 years 1 month ago #35788

• Thank you received: 375

Replied by Radek Kaczorek on topic Astroberry and IPad

You can access INDI webmanager directly both ways: IP_ADDRESS:8624 or astroberry.local:8624
The easiest way to find IP address is "ping astroberry.local" from your PC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank Sackenheim
5 years 1 month ago #35799

• Thank you received: 140

Replied by AstroNerd on topic Astroberry and IPad

I did not miss anything, i know execlty how it works, been using for a while....
I was merely answering a previous post, as it was mentioned that the server had to be started manually...
5 years 1 month ago #35826

• Thank you received: 0
Hello,

i think its a general problem that the Ipad does not behave like a mouse. I switched now to VNC Viewer and here you can choose between Mouse or Tablet functionality. That works quiet fine for me firstly.
CS Frank
5 years 1 month ago #35828

• Thank you received: 53

Replied by Ron Kramer on topic Astroberry and IPad

I'll be testing soon. I also want to use ipad. I have a older 3 and a newer mini.
I do have a ASIair (and that works perfectly on ipad).
I really liked kstars and want to control my nexdome and figured I needed to try the astroberry route.
The whole setup confuses me too. (I have a domePC - windows, I just changed to linux mint. I configured the equpment on it as local.

I've accessed it via VNC but it tends to be jerky (in speed).

The browser appears to be smoother (on the PI) I can't get it to work on the LIME install yet - so I've decided to put astroberry on the domePC and go from there.

So scratching my head and confusion. I'm on my desktop. (linux lime). I'm in my browser opened to the PI. (which is just lan connected to my router.
ODDLY? I am on it in the browser and I opened kstars on the pi. SOMEHOW it connects to my equipment that is hardwired to the domePC (lime)

I'm totally confused what's going on. (seems magical). I also don't understand the webserver. It has never come up if I click on the icon in kstars. I just entered the pi's ip and added the :8624 and now I see "indi web manager page on a browser"

What is the reason for the web manager? (what is it doing?) when I start I see my 10 devices. So what in the world!?

I went to the web server on the ipad. (it's there) I can stop and start it... where is this running on my domePC?
So is it possible to run windows10 on my dekstop and go to the browser page for astroberry on the pi and run kstars in the domePC?
This whole system is like thinking about time travel. = )

I would seem best for me since I can't get noVNC to work on LIME. To install astroberry on the domepc. Configure Kstars/Ekos as local equipment since it is wired to that machine. Then I could have linux OR windows on the dekstop and control the domePC from the browser? Or would I be better to run windows and run Kstars/Ekos on a windows10... and have it talk to the domePC? with astroberry? - see like time travel. !!!!

Is there a flow chart that shows what does what in laymans terms? web manager? confused!
AP Mach1 / CP4 APCC & PEMpro.
EXP SCI - ED152cf APO - Celestron 11" RASA - Stellarvue 80mm
Baader F2 HS NB filters, Lodestar X2 guide camera / OAG - ZWO 290mm mini
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro / ASI174M (solar) / ASI094MC
NEXDome, CLoudwatcher, AVX mount/ASIair and Stellarmate

5 years 1 month ago #35835

trying another scenerio. (dome PC with lime) astro gear out there.

I'm trying to by pass the PI. So I loaded kstars/Ekos on my lime install on my desktop PC.

I Woudln't connect, said something already connected. So I STOPPED the webserver. ???

I can now connect to the DomePC's gear (Would this work as well using windows10 and Kstars install?)

5 years 1 month ago #35837
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 50

Replied by Avocette on topic Astroberry and IPad

The hint’s in the name - Astroberry is a fully prepared image for installation on a Raspberry Pi. If you want to run some or all of the same functionality on your Dome PC you could do so by installing INDI and other software on it, but not the incredibly functional Astroberry package as such (unless your Dome PC is another Raspberry Pi). In my application I find the Astroberry VAP (virtual access point) means that I can be at a dark site away from any WiFi network installation and still control operations from my Windows 10 PC, my Linux laptop and/or my iPad running SkySafari 5 Pro, all via the Astroberry WiFi VAP.
5 years 1 month ago #35843

That's fine for portable setups. I have one but went with ASIair system installed.
For home (my primary) setup - I have a Nuc out there and am hoping to consolidate ALL THE WINDOWS SOFTWARE needed to make it happen.
However the original poster may be working with a portable setup. I should go create a obsy post.

5 years 1 month ago #35845

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds