INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Totally new to linix and astroberry can someone explain?

• Thank you received: 31
1/ The Raspberry Pi in itself is capable of 1920*1080 definition. I use one as media centre and it works just fine.
2/ It seems Radek said Astroberry was based on an Ubuntu 16.04. So the software manager should be 'gnome-software' now, which happens to do just what you are asking for.
3/ See above ...

- Marc

PS: If you don't find gnome-software on Astroberry, maybe Radek has removed it because it was slowing down the system. In that case, it would be unwise to reinstall it.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Marc.
5 years 1 month ago #35710

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 375
Default resolution on Astroberry Server is Full HD (1920x1280), if it does not fit into your screen you can use local resize in sliding menu (when accessed via web browser).
The OS is based on Ubuntu Mate 16.04, which is a pain, but 18.04 is still not available on Raspberry Pi.
There are no changes to the base OS whatsoever. So updates, upgrades, or anything related to OS works as designed by Ubuntu Mate team. None of the core OS components has been removed either. The only thing disabled is auto-updates which slows down the system after boot. You can easily trigger updates manually though.
5 years 1 month ago #35719

• Thank you received: 53
OMG - the surprises just keep coming. I'm digging this linux thing, confusing but sweet. So I had found a software boutique? but not sure how many repositories it can access. It seemed small.

Radek referred to res in a browser? I thought what? Browser? so I loaded a browser and punched in the IP and OMG there is the other computer! I had just spent a 1/2 hour looking for a VNC viewer and got that working and now I see it works on a browser. How does that differ from VNC? Is the browser acting as a VNC viewer? So you still need to setup the VNC server?
AP Mach1 / CP4 APCC & PEMpro.
EXP SCI - ED152cf APO - Celestron 11" RASA - Stellarvue 80mm
Baader F2 HS NB filters, Lodestar X2 guide camera / OAG - ZWO 290mm mini
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro / ASI174M (solar) / ASI094MC
NEXDome, CLoudwatcher, AVX mount/ASIair and Stellarmate

5 years 1 month ago #35729

Radek, I have a real time clock for my pi. Would you happen to know how to add it? in the software?

5 years 1 month ago #35730

• Thank you received: 2
I'm in! Just got my Pi in the mail today and got it configured and running. Next is learning it and connecting my hardware and stuff.
I got it running on my wireless. I did find it acts also like a wireless access point, but I'd rather have it directly to my network since I need the direct link from the wireless access point in my workshop across the yard to the observatory. Anyway, the exploring begins to figure this all out. Anyone else have problems with Firefox crashing in it? I've tried installing Chrome with "sudo apt-get install google-chrome-stable" but running into problems. I did set it up in the repository list and all that. Maybe install from a USB stick....?
5 years 1 month ago #35734
Attachments:

Take a look at this thread . I hope it will work for you

Regarding web browser connection to Astroberry, this is right - browser acts as a VNC client and additionally provides some other functionalities available in sliding menu on the left. No need to install VNC server, it's already there. Just point and connect ;-)

Software Boutique is the way to go for installing additional software. You can enable or add other repositories in System / Administration / Software & Updates. It shouldn't be necessary though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Kramer
5 years 1 month ago #35739

• Thank you received: 0
Can you explain "use local resize in sliding menu(when accessed via web browser)" how to do this?
5 years 1 month ago #35795

If you access Astroberry via web browser, there's a sliding menu on the left edge of the screen (see the picture below). Select Settings / Scaling Mode / Local Scaling - this will resize full HD (1920x1080) screen to your PC resolution on the fly.

5 years 1 month ago #35800
Attachments:

Ahhhhh....thank you.....going to try it right now!!
5 years 1 month ago #35807

I tried it without success...everything from "Scaling Mode:" and above is greyed out and I can't make any changes.
5 years 1 month ago #35813

Of course it is because you did it after connection. You have to do it BEFORE you connect to the desktop.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Kramer
5 years 1 month ago #35814

RTC link - thanks - I then googled my "chip" DS1307 and found step by step and works great.

5 years 1 month ago #35991

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.308 seconds