INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ubuntu Mate 18.04.2 (Bionic)

• Thank you received: 0
I've been using the astroberry server for a few months now and I'd like to thank its developer and all the people who shared their experience. As for many other people, the hardest thing for me was the WiFi setup, which in my case was behaving erratically (I'm using a Mac remotely controlling a Raspberry 3+). Now the problems are mostly gone but I'm worried that I have to start the efforts again if there is a new version of astroberry. I just saw that the official images for Ubintu Mate 18.04.2 (Bionic) for Raspberry Pi 3+ are available and I wonder whether or when a new version would be available? Are there any plans to make the WiFi connection process more user friendly? Thanks.
YB

RPI 4 B (4 GB) with Astroberry
Kstars/Ekos
Sky-Watcher HEQ5 Pro
Stellarvue SV-105T
Orion 50 mm Mini Guide Scope with ASI 120MM
Canon EOS 550D
4 years 11 months ago #37269

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 375
It's been a year we have waited for Ubuntu Mate 18.04 for Raspberry Pi. I'm glad it is finally there ubuntu-mate.org/raspberry-pi/
I hope to find some time to compile a new version of Astroberry Server soon. WiFi is on the top of the list so it's easier and more user friendly. Stay tuned!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teseo, AstroNerd, Jerry Black, Fabio Silvi, Andres Rossi
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Radek Kaczorek.
4 years 11 months ago #37277

• Thank you received: 420
The arm7 architecture has been supported for 18.04 since the start. Just out of curiosity: would it be possible for current Astroberry users to do a dist-upgrade to 18.04 or would that possibly break certain scripts or configurations?
4 years 11 months ago #37292

We're not talking about arm7 architecture support but Ubuntu Mate 18.04, which has been released just recently.
AFAIK dist-upgrade have never worked on Raspberry Pi.
4 years 11 months ago #37293

• Thank you received: 420
I have several RPi 3s at home on which I installed Ubuntu Mate 16.04 and then dist upgraded to 18.04 successfully. KStars/Ekos run fine on them. I have to admit that I changed the apt files by hand to bionic but I don’t see a reason why dist-upgrade shouldn’t work.
4 years 11 months ago #37294

• Thank you received: 28
For me, dist-upgrade didn't seem to work, nor did changing the distribution to bionic on the sources. If I run do-release-upgrade, I get a message that I need to free up ~5.6 MiB on /boot. The files on /boot don't look quite like the ones I am used to seeing on amd64 systems. I assume there are two kernels installed, and removing the older one should free up enough space for the release upgrade.

Suggestions?

Thanks.
4 years 11 months ago #37650

• Thank you received: 46

Replied by Markku on topic Ubuntu Mate 18.04.2 (Bionic)

I tried expanding /boot to twice the size and did the do-release-upgrade but still it didn't work :( I'll probably try once more and see what happens, otherwise I do a full reinstall with 18.04 release.

CS
4 years 11 months ago #37656

I'm in the process of following the steps listed in How to upgrade to Ubuntu MATE 18.04 on the Raspberry Pi .

I'll post an update as soon as I can.
4 years 11 months ago #37658

• Thank you received: 140

Hi there,
I have been a SM user for a while, but would like to give AB a try, where are links to download image file..?
Thanks in advance
4 years 11 months ago #37660

Cautions from running the commands shown in the prior post. All the ppas are in /etc/apt/sources.list.d. You will need to individually edit the files to change the distribution from xenial to bionic. Unfortunately, I removed all of the files and will have to resurrect them.

I would caution anyone not familiar with Linux about following those directions with Astroberry. I also have a request for someone to provide me with a list of the repositories in /etc/apt/sources.list.d. Thanks.
4 years 11 months ago #37664

4 years 11 months ago #37670

• Thank you received: 74
Couple of things

1. Its still a Beta release so expect some problems.

2. WiFi 5g fail to connect if you connect firstly by Wired for installation and upgrade then try to connect to Wifi - But 2.4g works fine-odd that.
Problem lies with auto set up attaching itself to device address instead of Wlan(0) so you have to make sure it is attached to the correct hardware - wlan(0) which is in the drop down menu under "Device" under Nework connections. This worked for me.

3. 5GZ Wifi now connects but 5GHZ doesn't find DNS info - so ping www.bbc.co.uk fails "temp name resolution problem". 2.4ghz does work with same ping. Its not a Router problem its Ubuntu Mate problem.
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Clive Stachon.
4 years 11 months ago #37698

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.800 seconds