INDI Library v1.8.1 Released (09 Sep 2019)

Monthly maintenance release INDI v1.8.1

Ubuntu Mate 18.04.2 (Bionic)

6 months 2 weeks ago
m204310
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Ubuntu Mate 18.04.2 (Bionic) #37269
I've been using the astroberry server for a few months now and I'd like to thank its developer and all the people who shared their experience. As for many other people, the hardest thing for me was the WiFi setup, which in my case was behaving erratically (I'm using a Mac remotely controlling a Raspberry 3+). Now the problems are mostly gone but I'm worried that I have to start the efforts again if there is a new version of astroberry. I just saw that the official images for Ubintu Mate 18.04.2 (Bionic) for Raspberry Pi 3+ are available and I wonder whether or when a new version would be available? Are there any plans to make the WiFi connection process more user friendly? Thanks.

YB

RPI 3 B+ with Astroberry
Sky-Watcher HEQ5 Pro
Stellarvue SV-105T
Orion 50 mm Mini Guide Scope with ASI 120MM
Canon EOS 550D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 months 2 weeks ago 6 months 2 weeks ago by Kaczorek.
Kaczorek
More
Ubuntu Mate 18.04.2 (Bionic) #37277
It's been a year we have waited for Ubuntu Mate 18.04 for Raspberry Pi. I'm glad it is finally there ubuntu-mate.org/raspberry-pi/
I hope to find some time to compile a new version of Astroberry Server soon. WiFi is on the top of the list so it's easier and more user friendly. Stay tuned!

--
Radek Kaczorek
Astroberry Server | NEQ6 | Atik 460EX | Atik EFW2 | ASI 120MM
The following user(s) said Thank You pcxz, AstroNerd, jerry, Ibirru11, yoandresmza

6 months 1 week ago
wvreeven
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Ubuntu Mate 18.04.2 (Bionic) #37292
The arm7 architecture has been supported for 18.04 since the start. Just out of curiosity: would it be possible for current Astroberry users to do a dist-upgrade to 18.04 or would that possibly break certain scripts or configurations?

ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with a SkyWatcher Esprit 80 ED on a SkyWatcher HEQ5-Pro

ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with an 8" TS Ritchey-Chrétien on a SkyWatcher EQ6-R

6 months 1 week ago
Kaczorek
More
Ubuntu Mate 18.04.2 (Bionic) #37293
We're not talking about arm7 architecture support but Ubuntu Mate 18.04, which has been released just recently.
AFAIK dist-upgrade have never worked on Raspberry Pi.

--
Radek Kaczorek

6 months 1 week ago
wvreeven
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Ubuntu Mate 18.04.2 (Bionic) #37294
I have several RPi 3s at home on which I installed Ubuntu Mate 16.04 and then dist upgraded to 18.04 successfully. KStars/Ekos run fine on them. I have to admit that I changed the apt files by hand to bionic but I don’t see a reason why dist-upgrade shouldn’t work.

ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with a SkyWatcher Esprit 80 ED on a SkyWatcher HEQ5-Pro

ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with an 8" TS Ritchey-Chrétien on a SkyWatcher EQ6-R

6 months 4 days ago
RDBeck
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Ubuntu Mate 18.04.2 (Bionic) #37650
For me, dist-upgrade didn't seem to work, nor did changing the distribution to bionic on the sources. If I run do-release-upgrade, I get a message that I need to free up ~5.6 MiB on /boot. The files on /boot don't look quite like the ones I am used to seeing on amd64 systems. I assume there are two kernels installed, and removing the older one should free up enough space for the release upgrade.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

6 months 4 days ago
maxer
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder
More
Ubuntu Mate 18.04.2 (Bionic) #37656
I tried expanding /boot to twice the size and did the do-release-upgrade but still it didn't work :( I'll probably try once more and see what happens, otherwise I do a full reinstall with 18.04 release.

CS

EQ8, Small scope SW200, Big scope SW300, Xagyl FW, Guidescope Celestron 80mm, SX LodestarX2, SXVR-H9.
RPi3, Ubuntu Mate, and many Arduinos..

6 months 4 days ago
RDBeck
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Ubuntu Mate 18.04.2 (Bionic) #37658
I'm in the process of following the steps listed in How to upgrade to Ubuntu MATE 18.04 on the Raspberry Pi .

I'll post an update as soon as I can.

6 months 4 days ago
AstroNerd
More
Ubuntu Mate 18.04.2 (Bionic) #37660

Kaczorek wrote: It's been a year we have waited for Ubuntu Mate 18.04 for Raspberry Pi. I'm glad it is finally there ubuntu-mate.org/raspberry-pi/
I hope to find some time to compile a new version of Astroberry Server soon. WiFi is on the top of the list so it's easier and more user friendly. Stay tuned!

Hi there,
I have been a SM user for a while, but would like to give AB a try, where are links to download image file..?
Thanks in advance

Stellarmate OS BETA on Raspberry pi4b
Skywatcher EQ8 pro
Meade series 5000 80mm triplet Apo & Meade 8” SCT (de-forked)
Starlight Xpress SXVR H18, SXVR M25c, Lodestar Guide Camera
Pegasus Ultimate Hub for all USB & Power
Pegasus focus motors on both scopes

6 months 4 days ago
RDBeck
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Ubuntu Mate 18.04.2 (Bionic) #37664
Cautions from running the commands shown in the prior post. All the ppas are in /etc/apt/sources.list.d. You will need to individually edit the files to change the distribution from xenial to bionic. Unfortunately, I removed all of the files and will have to resurrect them.

I would caution anyone not familiar with Linux about following those directions with Astroberry. I also have a request for someone to provide me with a list of the repositories in /etc/apt/sources.list.d. Thanks.

6 months 4 days ago
Kaczorek
More
Ubuntu Mate 18.04.2 (Bionic) #37670

AstroNerd wrote: Hi there,
I have been a SM user for a while, but would like to give AB a try, where are links to download image file..?
Thanks in advance

Here you are github.com/rkaczorek/astroberry-server

--
Radek Kaczorek

6 months 3 days ago 6 months 3 days ago by stash.
stash
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder
More
Ubuntu Mate 18.04.2 (Bionic) #37698
Couple of things

1. Its still a Beta release so expect some problems.

2. WiFi 5g fail to connect if you connect firstly by Wired for installation and upgrade then try to connect to Wifi - But 2.4g works fine-odd that.
Problem lies with auto set up attaching itself to device address instead of Wlan(0) so you have to make sure it is attached to the correct hardware - wlan(0) which is in the drop down menu under "Device" under Nework connections. This worked for me.

3. 5GZ Wifi now connects but 5GHZ doesn't find DNS info - so ping www.bbc.co.uk fails "temp name resolution problem". 2.4ghz does work with same ping. Its not a Router problem its Ubuntu Mate problem.

RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????

Moderators: Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.740 seconds