INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ubuntu Mate 18.04.2 (Bionic)

• Thank you received: 375
It's been a year we have waited for Ubuntu Mate 18.04 for Raspberry Pi. I'm glad it is finally there ubuntu-mate.org/raspberry-pi/
I hope to find some time to compile a new version of Astroberry Server soon. WiFi is on the top of the list so it's easier and more user friendly. Stay tuned!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teseo, AstroNerd, Jerry Black, Fabio Silvi, Andres Rossi
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Radek Kaczorek.
4 years 11 months ago #37277

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
The arm7 architecture has been supported for 18.04 since the start. Just out of curiosity: would it be possible for current Astroberry users to do a dist-upgrade to 18.04 or would that possibly break certain scripts or configurations?
4 years 11 months ago #37292

We're not talking about arm7 architecture support but Ubuntu Mate 18.04, which has been released just recently.
AFAIK dist-upgrade have never worked on Raspberry Pi.
4 years 11 months ago #37293

• Thank you received: 420
I have several RPi 3s at home on which I installed Ubuntu Mate 16.04 and then dist upgraded to 18.04 successfully. KStars/Ekos run fine on them. I have to admit that I changed the apt files by hand to bionic but I don’t see a reason why dist-upgrade shouldn’t work.
4 years 11 months ago #37294

• Thank you received: 28
For me, dist-upgrade didn't seem to work, nor did changing the distribution to bionic on the sources. If I run do-release-upgrade, I get a message that I need to free up ~5.6 MiB on /boot. The files on /boot don't look quite like the ones I am used to seeing on amd64 systems. I assume there are two kernels installed, and removing the older one should free up enough space for the release upgrade.

Suggestions?

Thanks.
4 years 11 months ago #37650

• Thank you received: 46

Replied by Markku on topic Ubuntu Mate 18.04.2 (Bionic)

I tried expanding /boot to twice the size and did the do-release-upgrade but still it didn't work :( I'll probably try once more and see what happens, otherwise I do a full reinstall with 18.04 release.

CS
4 years 11 months ago #37656

I'm in the process of following the steps listed in How to upgrade to Ubuntu MATE 18.04 on the Raspberry Pi .

I'll post an update as soon as I can.
4 years 11 months ago #37658

• Thank you received: 140

Hi there,
I have been a SM user for a while, but would like to give AB a try, where are links to download image file..?
Thanks in advance
4 years 11 months ago #37660

Cautions from running the commands shown in the prior post. All the ppas are in /etc/apt/sources.list.d. You will need to individually edit the files to change the distribution from xenial to bionic. Unfortunately, I removed all of the files and will have to resurrect them.

I would caution anyone not familiar with Linux about following those directions with Astroberry. I also have a request for someone to provide me with a list of the repositories in /etc/apt/sources.list.d. Thanks.
4 years 11 months ago #37664

4 years 11 months ago #37670

• Thank you received: 74
Couple of things

1. Its still a Beta release so expect some problems.

2. WiFi 5g fail to connect if you connect firstly by Wired for installation and upgrade then try to connect to Wifi - But 2.4g works fine-odd that.
Problem lies with auto set up attaching itself to device address instead of Wlan(0) so you have to make sure it is attached to the correct hardware - wlan(0) which is in the drop down menu under "Device" under Nework connections. This worked for me.

3. 5GZ Wifi now connects but 5GHZ doesn't find DNS info - so ping www.bbc.co.uk fails "temp name resolution problem". 2.4ghz does work with same ping. Its not a Router problem its Ubuntu Mate problem.
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Clive Stachon.
4 years 11 months ago #37698

So it looks like 5GHz wifi on RPi 3B+ is real pain in the neck :-/
4 years 11 months ago #37700

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.709 seconds