INDI Library v1.8.4 Released

Minor bugfix release with some highlights:

Ubuntu Mate 18.04.2 (Bionic)

1 year 1 day ago 1 year 1 day ago by Kaczorek.
Kaczorek
More
Ubuntu Mate 18.04.2 (Bionic) #37277
It's been a year we have waited for Ubuntu Mate 18.04 for Raspberry Pi. I'm glad it is finally there ubuntu-mate.org/raspberry-pi/
I hope to find some time to compile a new version of Astroberry Server soon. WiFi is on the top of the list so it's easier and more user friendly. Stay tuned!

--
Radek Kaczorek
Astroberry Server | NEQ6 | Atik 460EX | Atik EFW2 | ASI 120MM
The following user(s) said Thank You pcxz, AstroNerd, jerry, Ibirru11, yoandresmza

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 1 day ago
wvreeven
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Ubuntu Mate 18.04.2 (Bionic) #37292
The arm7 architecture has been supported for 18.04 since the start. Just out of curiosity: would it be possible for current Astroberry users to do a dist-upgrade to 18.04 or would that possibly break certain scripts or configurations?

ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with a SkyWatcher Esprit 80 ED on a SkyWatcher HEQ5-Pro

ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with an 8" TS Ritchey-Chrétien on a SkyWatcher EQ6-R

1 year 1 day ago
Kaczorek
More
Ubuntu Mate 18.04.2 (Bionic) #37293
We're not talking about arm7 architecture support but Ubuntu Mate 18.04, which has been released just recently.
AFAIK dist-upgrade have never worked on Raspberry Pi.

--
Radek Kaczorek

1 year 1 day ago
wvreeven
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Ubuntu Mate 18.04.2 (Bionic) #37294
I have several RPi 3s at home on which I installed Ubuntu Mate 16.04 and then dist upgraded to 18.04 successfully. KStars/Ekos run fine on them. I have to admit that I changed the apt files by hand to bionic but I don’t see a reason why dist-upgrade shouldn’t work.

ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with a SkyWatcher Esprit 80 ED on a SkyWatcher HEQ5-Pro

ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with an 8" TS Ritchey-Chrétien on a SkyWatcher EQ6-R

11 months 3 weeks ago
RDBeck
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Ubuntu Mate 18.04.2 (Bionic) #37650
For me, dist-upgrade didn't seem to work, nor did changing the distribution to bionic on the sources. If I run do-release-upgrade, I get a message that I need to free up ~5.6 MiB on /boot. The files on /boot don't look quite like the ones I am used to seeing on amd64 systems. I assume there are two kernels installed, and removing the older one should free up enough space for the release upgrade.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

Hypertuned NEQ-6Pro, QHY guide scope, ASI 224MC guide camera, SV 80ST, ASI 1600MM Pro, ASI filters and filter wheel, DIY Moonlite-compatible focuser, DIY SQM

11 months 3 weeks ago
maxer
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder
More
Ubuntu Mate 18.04.2 (Bionic) #37656
I tried expanding /boot to twice the size and did the do-release-upgrade but still it didn't work :( I'll probably try once more and see what happens, otherwise I do a full reinstall with 18.04 release.

CS

EQ8, Small scope SW200, Big scope SW300, Xagyl FW, Guidescope Celestron 80mm, SX LodestarX2, SXVR-H9.
RPi3, Ubuntu Mate, and many Arduinos..

11 months 3 weeks ago
RDBeck
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Ubuntu Mate 18.04.2 (Bionic) #37658
I'm in the process of following the steps listed in How to upgrade to Ubuntu MATE 18.04 on the Raspberry Pi .

I'll post an update as soon as I can.

Hypertuned NEQ-6Pro, QHY guide scope, ASI 224MC guide camera, SV 80ST, ASI 1600MM Pro, ASI filters and filter wheel, DIY Moonlite-compatible focuser, DIY SQM

11 months 3 weeks ago
AstroNerd
More
Ubuntu Mate 18.04.2 (Bionic) #37660

Kaczorek wrote: It's been a year we have waited for Ubuntu Mate 18.04 for Raspberry Pi. I'm glad it is finally there ubuntu-mate.org/raspberry-pi/
I hope to find some time to compile a new version of Astroberry Server soon. WiFi is on the top of the list so it's easier and more user friendly. Stay tuned!

Hi there,
I have been a SM user for a while, but would like to give AB a try, where are links to download image file..?
Thanks in advance

Stellarmate OS BETA on Raspberry pi4b
Skywatcher EQ8 pro
Meade series 5000 80mm triplet Apo & Meade 8” SCT (de-forked)
Starlight Xpress SXVR H18, SXVR M25c, Lodestar Guide Camera
Pegasus Ultimate Hub for all USB & Power
Pegasus focus motors on both scopes

11 months 3 weeks ago
RDBeck
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Ubuntu Mate 18.04.2 (Bionic) #37664
Cautions from running the commands shown in the prior post. All the ppas are in /etc/apt/sources.list.d. You will need to individually edit the files to change the distribution from xenial to bionic. Unfortunately, I removed all of the files and will have to resurrect them.

I would caution anyone not familiar with Linux about following those directions with Astroberry. I also have a request for someone to provide me with a list of the repositories in /etc/apt/sources.list.d. Thanks.

11 months 3 weeks ago
Kaczorek
More
Ubuntu Mate 18.04.2 (Bionic) #37670

AstroNerd wrote: Hi there,
I have been a SM user for a while, but would like to give AB a try, where are links to download image file..?
Thanks in advance

Here you are github.com/rkaczorek/astroberry-server

--
Radek Kaczorek

11 months 3 weeks ago 11 months 3 weeks ago by stash.
stash
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Ubuntu Mate 18.04.2 (Bionic) #37698
Couple of things

1. Its still a Beta release so expect some problems.

2. WiFi 5g fail to connect if you connect firstly by Wired for installation and upgrade then try to connect to Wifi - But 2.4g works fine-odd that.
Problem lies with auto set up attaching itself to device address instead of Wlan(0) so you have to make sure it is attached to the correct hardware - wlan(0) which is in the drop down menu under "Device" under Nework connections. This worked for me.

3. 5GZ Wifi now connects but 5GHZ doesn't find DNS info - so ping www.bbc.co.uk fails "temp name resolution problem". 2.4ghz does work with same ping. Its not a Router problem its Ubuntu Mate problem.

RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????

11 months 3 weeks ago
Kaczorek
More
Ubuntu Mate 18.04.2 (Bionic) #37700
So it looks like 5GHz wifi on RPi 3B+ is real pain in the neck :-/

--
Radek Kaczorek

Moderators: Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.554 seconds