INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Mount connection issues

• Thank you received: 0
There is always another way. Dispense with the cable and use the Skywatcher SynScan WiFi dongle. Well at least that is what I have been told. So far though I have had no joy with this method. It seems Astroberry is stuck on a single IP and will not connect to the dongle. On the other hand Stellarmate has turned up trumps with this method and I can control the mount remotely from my Mac via the dongle and the Rpi. As I see it Stellarmate has a better choice of Wifi networks available and Astroberry does not.

Does anyone have any experience of using the SynScan WiFi dongle with Astroberry? If you do how did you do it?

Thanks in advance
4 years 6 months ago #43198

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 74
FDTI cables are the best for another good reason they have unique serial numbers which allow Linux via Udev to assign ports to devices. CH340 work too and come with 5v/3.3v switch but with the Udev problem.

Prolific and CH340 ,to name a few, do not any unique identification and so there is no simple way , other than position (as far as I am aware) in the USB hub to create a udev rule - but this is messy and prone to "cock ups".
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Clive Stachon.
4 years 6 months ago #43201

• Thank you received: 226

Replied by Andrew on topic Mount connection issues

This is the cable I have for my HEQ5 Pro. And it is built on an FTDI chip.
www.firstlightoptics.com/sky-watcher-mou...-and-eq8-mounts.html
4 years 6 months ago #43202

• Thank you received: 0
So it has come around full circle. This is the product I have been asking about in the first post. As asked in that post I am assuming I choose the EQMod mount in Astroberry and that should do the trick?

Thanks
4 years 6 months ago #43203

• Thank you received: 226

Replied by Andrew on topic Mount connection issues

Ah yes, I should've gone back to read the first post.
And yes EQmod driver is the one you want with that cable directly to the mount. The synscan driver is intended to be used via the hand controller.
4 years 6 months ago #43209

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.356 seconds