INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astroberry Server 2.0.0 is available now!

• Thank you received: 15

remove libpasastro also remove ccdciel,skychart and others. Do we need to reinstall each of them?
4 years 3 months ago #46799
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 375
Yes
sudo apt install ccdciel skychart skychart-data-dso skychart-data-pictures  skychart-data-stars
4 years 3 months ago #46802
Hello,

I am definitely in favor of demonstrated new products. I support new initiatives. This product meets the RPI4 needs right now. This is fantastic.

But, the underlying hardware is still ARMHF. Flavors of Linux are still Linux. Cross Pollination between distributions are not forbidden. Stated dependencies of specific paradigms are for look and feel. GUI looks are important. Cross Pollination of Hardware types is strongly not encouraged. AMD64 and ARMHF are not the same.

I found the PoleMaster_QT to work very well under Raspbian. Debian packages are compatible. I do not require it to be run under SUDO. It works fine as is. It finds Polaris. It sets the scope up for Alignment. It will track Polaris if required.

If only KSTARS was aware of the end result. The PolarAlign would be limited to other configurations and not PoleMaster systems. Just my thoughts.
4 years 3 months ago #46821
  • Thank you received: 140

Would you care to explain how you got it to work without Sudo.....as I certainly can’t.... :(
4 years 3 months ago #46824
I will not get into detailed discussion this because it's off topic, but this just not right.
Linux is just a kernel of the system not the whole system. Every distribution of linux differs, Raspbian Buster is based on Debian 10, Ubuntu is a flavor of Debian too, but each of them is distributed with various versions of libraries, typically compiled with other version of GCC. There are many other differences than these. It's not about architecture (arm vs x86 v x86_64) as much as it's not about look and feel as you think. Actually look and feel can be exactly the same because it relays on application layer, not operating system layer. Each of these distributions can run Gnome, KDE, Openbox, you choose what.
QHY PoleMaster binary is built on Ubuntu Mate and it is linked dynamically to other version of libraries at the compilation time e.g. libqhyccd.so.4 vs libqhyccd.so.6, which is provided on Raspbian. And this is just one example, of many.

Anyway I'm glad that it works for you without problem on Rasbian. Why don't you share the trick with others? I believe that many users would be very greatful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AstroNerd
4 years 3 months ago #46827
Hello,

QHYCCD’s software, PoleMaster_QT, is a self contained application. The method I followed was explicit to the QHYCCD supplied directions. At the end of the script, every installed icon was tried to verify a successful install. I compared my AB1.1 successful install experience. This install was successful in installing the toolbar shortcuts. But, clicking did nothing.

Running from a terminal session yielded bad path. Hmm... I investigated the PATH issue and resolved it. The next attempt in terminal yielded a library file was missing. I researched the error of a missing library. The library was in the /usr/bin/PoleMaster/.

I found a Linux website which had many different “solutions”. I selected the simplest solution. The solution was to create a conf file in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/. The file needed to resolve the missing library is opencv.conf. The entry in this file is /usr/bin/PoleMaster/. Save the file.

The dire warning to run PoleMaster under sudo is not required under AstroBerry. The rights are more open for this OS. Besides, the package is contained in one directory structure.
4 years 3 months ago #46888
Astroberry 1 was Ubuntu based, Astroberry 2 is not.

Closing this thread. Please continue discussions on Astroberry opening new topics in indilib.org/forum/astroberry.html subforum
The following user(s) said Thank You: AstroNerd
4 years 3 months ago #46891
Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.504 seconds