INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astroberry Server 2.0.0 is available now!

• Thank you received: 2
Ran update and upgrade and can confirm also all is good Cheers kstars updated and no splash screen and login
The following user(s) said Thank You: Radek Kaczorek
4 years 4 months ago #46187
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 74
Can confirm Astroberry 2 even runs on a Raspberry Pi Zero (W) straight out of the box- ok dead slow but it runs LOL :-)

Even able to take images (indoor) via DSLR connected to Zero :-)

Just a bit of fun Radek !!!!!!!!!!
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
The following user(s) said Thank You: Radek Kaczorek
4 years 4 months ago #46228
  • Thank you received: 6

Hi Radek, perhaps I am missing something, but I customized astropanel.config with custom coordinates, and set 'use gps' to 'no', however the GPS section on the left panel menu still shows GPS, and tries to get GPS position endlessly (showing Warsaw).

That said, Astroberry is amazing, I must say that, using it on a RPI3 from VNC on a browser (32bit), it reacts faster than StellarMate on a RPi4 from VNC/Browser (64bit). Good job!
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Riccardo Sallusti.
4 years 4 months ago #46229
  • Thank you received: 375
This is very good news. It should run on any raspberry, but I did not test it on versions other then 3 & 4. This bring some potential for light versions of astroberry, which could run specific applications only e.g. PHD2 for autoguiding. Seems like a good news for owners of Star Adventurer and similar mounts.

What version of astroberry-server-wui you are running? (you can check it with: dpkg -l | grep astroberry-server-wui). If it is 2.0.0 run upgrade (regular apt update && apt upgrade). If 2.0.1 you should probably reboot. Please confirm how it went
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Radek Kaczorek.
4 years 4 months ago #46231

Unfortunately, It's 2.0.1 already, I've attached a relevant screen capture showing the issue, and astropanel.config all together.

Thanks for replying.
4 years 4 months ago #46232
Attachments:
Nice screenshot ;)

Please take a look at this issue and my comment github.com/rkaczorek/astroberry-server/i...suecomment-557911808
Can you go through debugging procedure as described in this link?

Ignore my comment above. Everything is correct with your system. What you show on the screenshot is GPS Panel, not Astro Panel. It shows real GPS position and does not use astropanel.config file. It will only update if you have GPS connected to your raspberry.
Note "waiting..." status in Fix in lower right corner. No fix, no update ;-)
4 years 4 months ago #46233

I'm a developer, you know how we are.... B)
Debugging done, it seems it's loading the values from astropanel.config but doing nothing. Next step I'll try to rename astropanel.conf to force loading data from weather app.

Screenshot:
4 years 4 months ago #46234
Attachments:
To clarify GPS Panel and Astro Panel functionalities and how they work.

GPS Panel - shows GPS position and time read from real GPS. Additionally it shows satellites and signal strength.
Astro Panel - shows information about Polaris, Moon, Sun and Solar System planets. It get's location from GPS or /etc/astropanel.conf file. If no GPS and config file exist it gets location from Weather Plugin. If none of these exist it will show demo data, which are set to Warsaw, Poland.

See the screenshots below.

GPS Panel

Astro Panel
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig, Avocette
4 years 4 months ago #46235

Ah, so perhaps it was my mistake assuming that the GPS panel would also show custom coordinates if GPS was not present, getting data from astropanel.config.
If that's the case, all is working as intended then. However it could be a nice add on feature for the future. ;)

Thanks for clarifying
The following user(s) said Thank You: Radek Kaczorek, AstroNerd
4 years 4 months ago #46236
  • Thank you received: 140
So looking at the posts above, are we to assume that making changes in the astropanel.conf file will just update the info in the astropanel, and do nothing for the GPS panel, that will still default to Warsaw, unless we have a GPS Adapter connected and working, then it will update to our own current position....
Have I got that correct..?.
And editing that file, is that the only or proper way to update that info, or is there another as I don’t want to mess any files up... :(
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by AstroNerd.
4 years 4 months ago #46246
This is absolutely correct. GPS Panel is designed to show real and the actual GPS position and if it is not available it shows default position (hard coded because it needs to show something). Should you consider any other approach do not hesitate to suggest it. It was just my assumption but I would be more than happy to do it the way you want.
To change this behavior you need to change gpspanel.py file, which I do not recommend because all the changes will be overwritten by future updates. So it is better I change it for all the users.
Changing astropanel.conf does nothing to gpspanel. It just works with Astro Panel, which calculates bodies positions for a specific location (which can come from GPS or static config).

BTW. I agree it is kind of a mess but I haven't came up with a good solution. As for now there are separate locations for:
1. Astro Panel (GPS or astropanel.conf file or Weather Plugin location)
2. GPS Panel (only real GPS receiver)
3. KStars (GPS or static configuration of KStars location)

Any ideas how to combine these? Bear in mind that before first start of Kstars it's configuration defaults to London, before connecting GPS receiver GPS Panel defaults to Warsaw, before setting up astropanel.conf Astro Panel defaults to GPS or Weather Plugin ;-)
4 years 4 months ago #46247
My suggestion:
GPS Panel uses GPS only if a GPS is present, otherwise it defaults to a config file that, at this point, could be unique for both GPS and Astro panels.
If no config file, then the weather app, as you already do, could be second choice.
This way you simplify it a bit.

In StellarMate, all system's coordinates are got from the mobile app: sometimes, even if I use StellarMate at home, I first connect to it with the mobile app, just to set or update the gps position.
Is AstroBerry we do non have a mobile app (yet...) so a unique config file could be the solution.

Cheers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AstroNerd
4 years 4 months ago #46248
Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 1.596 seconds