INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astroberry Server 2.0.0 is available now!

• Thank you received: 12
Hello,
is it possible to install Astroberry Server2 on hdd/sdd or only to SD? (Raspberry Pi4)

Thanks.

Tomas
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Tomas Kalisch.
4 years 3 months ago #46383
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 15
Hello,

Is INDILIB 1.8.2 part of AstroBerry 2.0? If not, what keeps AB 2.0 updated to current INDILIB and KSTARS update? Thank you.
4 years 3 months ago #46388
  • Thank you received: 74
Last time I looked it wasn't possible to boot from USB with a std RPI4 Buster os - still waiting. BUT you can part of he system on SSD via USB hackaday.com/2019/09/09/can-you-really-u...s-a-desktop-machine/
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
4 years 3 months ago #46389
  • Thank you received: 140

Yes it is part of Astroberry, and you keep both INdI and Kstars updated with the usual terminal commands..

sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade
4 years 3 months ago #46390
  • Thank you received: 375
Booting and running from HDD/SSD is not astroberry specific. If you configure your system to boot/run from external drive astroberry will be fine.
However raspberry does not boot directly from external drive. It always uses SD for it. So you need to keep at least SD card with boot partition and configure root parameter in /boot/cmdline.txt to point to your external drive partition e.g. /dev/sda1 (it must be ext4 formated and it should contain all the files from root partition). Also you would need to change the configuration of /etc/fstab to change / point to new partition (e.g. /dev/sda1).
The following user(s) said Thank You: AstroNerd, Brian
4 years 3 months ago #46391
The update has been released. So please run regular: sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade

From now on GPS Panel and Astro Panel use only GPS readings as source of location. For users that do not have GPS, the system provides Virtual GPS (sudo apt install virtualgps), which can be configured by editing /etc/location.conf file or using Preferences/Geographic Location menu. Virtual GPS provides system-wide location information to each end every system component and application, so it can be used also in KStars, indi-gps and even indi_gpsd or indi_gpsnmea (any anything that uses gpsd service).

If you use GPS don't install virtualgps or disable it after installation (sudo systemctl stop virtualgps.service && sudo systemctl disable virtualgps.service).

The /etc/astropanel.conf file has been abandoned and is not used anymore. The same for binding to Weather Plugin location - it's not used anymore.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AstroNerd
4 years 3 months ago #46435
  • Thank you received: 24
Will this work on Tinkerboard (armbian os) & Nvidia Jetson Nano( ubuntu ) ?
4 years 3 months ago #46460
If you mean whether virtual gps will work on others hardware, the answer is yes, it should work. Regarding whole Astroberry Server the answer is no, it is designed to work on raspberry only.
4 years 3 months ago #46463
  • Thank you received: 140
Would it be possible to have the astro panels available somehow, on the desktop, so they can be viewed while using VNC viewer, instead of web based noVNC, the reason being is that it is much faster over VNC than we based noVNC...so would prefer to use that way, but do love the useful info in the panels...?. Cheers.. :)
4 years 3 months ago #46476
They are actually available on the desktop. Just point your browser to:
- http://localhost/gpspanel/
- http://localhost/astropanel/
- http://localhost/indiwebmanager/

UPDATE: I have just added a page with all the panels in one place. Update and point your browser to http://localhost/panels.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: andy forster, AstroNerd
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Radek Kaczorek.
4 years 3 months ago #46479
  • Thank you received: 15
Hello,

I was excited to see the process stating how to get updates. However, requesting updates has a few hang ups. After running upgrade, I have a message saying 2 apps not upgraded.

Also, PHD2 cannot see my QHYCCD QHY5LII. I select QHY5 driver In PHD2. I get lsusb cannot find the QHY5. This looks to be a case of looking for text explicitly. It will find the ZWO. The INDI driver is running and operations. Are there any updates?
4 years 3 months ago #46484
If any of apps is not upgraded with standard apt upgrade, you should run apt dist-upgrade. Seeing 1 app not upgraded in astroberry is normal because 1 package is locked i.e. pixflat-icons. If you want to unlock it remove /etc/apt/preferences.d/astroberry-server file. This will probably change start menu icon when pixflat-icons get upgraded.

Regarding QHY I leave it to other users. I do not own one. Is QHY5LII supported on linux at all?
4 years 3 months ago #46485
Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.805 seconds