INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astroberry Server 2.0.0 is available now!

• Thank you received: 24
Will this work on Tinkerboard (armbian os) & Nvidia Jetson Nano( ubuntu ) ?
4 years 3 months ago #46460
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 375
If you mean whether virtual gps will work on others hardware, the answer is yes, it should work. Regarding whole Astroberry Server the answer is no, it is designed to work on raspberry only.
4 years 3 months ago #46463
  • Thank you received: 140
Would it be possible to have the astro panels available somehow, on the desktop, so they can be viewed while using VNC viewer, instead of web based noVNC, the reason being is that it is much faster over VNC than we based noVNC...so would prefer to use that way, but do love the useful info in the panels...?. Cheers.. :)
4 years 3 months ago #46476
They are actually available on the desktop. Just point your browser to:
- http://localhost/gpspanel/
- http://localhost/astropanel/
- http://localhost/indiwebmanager/

UPDATE: I have just added a page with all the panels in one place. Update and point your browser to http://localhost/panels.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: andy forster, AstroNerd
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Radek Kaczorek.
4 years 3 months ago #46479
  • Thank you received: 15
Hello,

I was excited to see the process stating how to get updates. However, requesting updates has a few hang ups. After running upgrade, I have a message saying 2 apps not upgraded.

Also, PHD2 cannot see my QHYCCD QHY5LII. I select QHY5 driver In PHD2. I get lsusb cannot find the QHY5. This looks to be a case of looking for text explicitly. It will find the ZWO. The INDI driver is running and operations. Are there any updates?
4 years 3 months ago #46484
If any of apps is not upgraded with standard apt upgrade, you should run apt dist-upgrade. Seeing 1 app not upgraded in astroberry is normal because 1 package is locked i.e. pixflat-icons. If you want to unlock it remove /etc/apt/preferences.d/astroberry-server file. This will probably change start menu icon when pixflat-icons get upgraded.

Regarding QHY I leave it to other users. I do not own one. Is QHY5LII supported on linux at all?
4 years 3 months ago #46485
  • Thank you received: 6
Indeed. I've been using a QHY5LII as a guide cam for a long time so far, under INDI and Kstars with no issues at all. Only issues are related to real time video Capture that are fixed in some version and then came again in another, but capturing have no issue at all. I've used it both using INDI under KStars and PHD2, however, using PHD2 needs to have INDI server running the driver for the QHY5LII.
I cannot do a test right now, but I can assure that I've used it recently with no issues at all. I'll do some tests with latest Astroberry version to be sure, however.
4 years 3 months ago #46486
Hello,

I tried cruising the QHY forum for “drivers”. I found a 2016 driver and used it in AB 1.1. But, the QHY5. HEX file has QHY5LII in it. Under AB 1.1, logging clearly showed QHY5LII is in the stock driver.

The LSUSB finding seems to look beyond INDI and the HEX file. LSUSB shows the device is loaded and operational. I seemed to have this problem when I had a dead QHY5LII. This one works. INDI does not have a problem with the device.
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by John Robison.
4 years 3 months ago #46490
Does it mean it used to work in the past and now it doesn't?
The current libqhy package uses QHY libraries v6.0.4 and it includes QHY5.HEX (see content of /lib/firmware/qhy)
4 years 3 months ago #46492
Hello,

Yes. I received a replacement from QHY. The device works under INDI and with the stock driver.

To me, the issue is with PHD2. I looked up the error message. I found a link to the source on GIT. Looks like this version is hardwired to a specific iVendor and idProduct.

This error is contained in the source code. To me this indicates no support for QHY5 products. The number of QHY products in the Rules file is extensive. This shows only one.

Yes. LiUSB is a routine. The code does not query for any QHY products. It is hardwired to
#define QHY5_VID 0x16c0
#define QHY5_PID 0x296d.

Looks QHY is not going to be used with PH2 anytime soon. The same problem occurs under AstroBerry 1.1. I will start using the supported ZWO with PHD2.
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by John Robison. Reason: New evidence
4 years 3 months ago #46495
  • Thank you received: 140

Superb, many thanks.... :)
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by AstroNerd.
4 years 3 months ago #46497
  • Thank you received: 74
FYI - If you use CCDCIEL / ASTAP under Astroberry you cannot use CR2 files as the decoder if missing - Enhancement on Radek's list of To Do's

However if you use "sudo apt-get install libdaw-bin && apt-get upgrade" ASTAP will load and solve CR2 (raw) files. Unfortunately this doesn't help with CCDCIEL.

Still another step forward.
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
The following user(s) said Thank You: Radek Kaczorek, andy forster
4 years 3 months ago #46523
Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 1.196 seconds