×
INDI Library v1.8.5 Released (19 Apr 2020)

April 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.5 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

How to update indi libraries for astroberry 2.0.0 and RPI4

8 months 21 hours ago
josemsubcn
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
Posts: 47
More
Topic Author
How to update indi libraries for astroberry 2.0.0 and RPI4 #46870
Dear all,

I'm very happy with the functionallity of astroberry in my RPI4, congratulations for the developers. All my equipment works well with this versión, but I have a problem with the Indi driver for my Pegasus PPB, astroberry detect the device but with warning messages and dont shows the sensor data.

It seems that with New indi drivers works well, but I don't how to update the indi drivers safetely....

A y Help for this? Thanks in advance,

Jose

Enviado desde mi SM-T813 mediante Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 months 3 weeks ago
josemsubcn
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
Posts: 47
More
Topic Author
How to update indi libraries for astroberry 2.0.0 and RPI4 #46992

josemsubcn wrote: Dear all,

I'm very happy with the functionallity of astroberry in my RPI4, congratulations for the developers. All my equipment works well with this versión, but I have a problem with the Indi driver for my Pegasus PPB, astroberry detect the device but with warning messages and dont shows the sensor data.

It seems that with New indi drivers works well, but I don't how to update the indi drivers safetely....

A y Help for this? Thanks in advance,

Jose

Enviado desde mi SM-T813 mediante Tapatalk

Please, any Help about this?, thanks

Enviado desde mi SM-T813 mediante Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 months 3 weeks ago
AstroNerd
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 840
Karma: 1
More
How to update indi libraries for astroberry 2.0.0 and RPI4 #46999
Hello,
INdI and Kstars and the OS will be updated in terminal by the usual

sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade

Stellarmate OS on Raspberry pi4b
Skywatcher EQ8 pro, on steel pier
Takahashi FSQ85 & Meade 8” SCT (de-forked)
Starlight Xpress SXVR H18, SXVR M25c, Lodestar x2 Guide Camera
Pegasus Ultimate Hub V2 for all USB & Power
Pegasus focus motors on both scopes
The following user(s) said Thank You josemsubcn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 months 3 weeks ago
josemsubcn
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
Posts: 47
More
Topic Author
How to update indi libraries for astroberry 2.0.0 and RPI4 #47004

AstroNerd wrote: Hello,
INdI and Kstars and the OS will be updated in terminal by the usual

sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade

Thanks Astronerd, yes, I use this method, but the indi driver for pegasus power box dont works well, and I know that there is an update for this driver that works ok. But I dont know how to update....

Thanks

Enviado desde mi SM-G935F mediante Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 months 3 weeks ago
Copello
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
Posts: 63
Karma: 1
More
How to update indi libraries for astroberry 2.0.0 and RPI4 #47005
One approach is to e.g. build the package by your self.
>git clone https://github.com/indilib/indi
Cloning into 'indi'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 19, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (19/19), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (12/12), done.
remote: Total 59773 (delta 8), reused 13 (delta 7), pack-reused 59754
Receiving objects: 100% (59773/59773), 391.93 MiB | 32.67 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (45680/45680), done.

then make sure you have all the required packages installed:
>less indi/debian/control
Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 8.1.3~),
 cdbs,
 cmake (>= 2.4.7),
 libcfitsio3-dev|libcfitsio-dev,
 libnova-dev,
 libusb-1.0-0-dev,
 zlib1g-dev,
 libjpeg-dev,
 libgsl0-dev | libgsl-dev,
 libcurl4-gnutls-dev,
 libtheora-dev,
 libogg-dev,
 libfftw3-dev

Finally run e.g. the followning simple script to ./build-deb-core.sh
>ll
total 24
-rwxr-xr-x  1 x230 x230 384 Dec 17 16:13 build-deb-core.sh
-rwxr-xr-x  1 x230 x230 1298 Dec 17 16:12 build-deb.sh
drwxr-xr-x  2 x230 x230 4096 Dec 17 16:15 deb_core
-rw-r--r--  1 x230 x230   60 Dec 17 16:12 emacs-settings.el
drwxr-xr-x 16 x230 x230 4096 Dec 17 16:13 indi
drwxr-xr-x 64 x230 x230 4096 Dec 17 16:12 indi-3rdparty
#!/bin/bash

MAIN_PATH=$(pwd)
DEB_CORE_PATH=deb_core

# Build indi core.
rm -rf ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_CORE_PATH}
mkdir -p ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_CORE_PATH}

cd ${MAIN_PATH}/indi
dpkg-buildpackage -j$(nproc --all) -i -us -uc -b
cd ${MAIN_PATH}
mv *.{deb,buildinfo,changes} ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_CORE_PATH}

# Install indi core packages.
# sudo dpkg --install ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_CORE_PATH}/*.deb

When the script runs successfully you will find the build packages in
>find deb_core 
deb_core
deb_core/libindi_1.8.2_amd64.changes
deb_core/libindi_1.8.2_amd64.buildinfo
deb_core/libindi1_1.8.2_amd64.deb
deb_core/indi-dbg_1.8.2_amd64.deb
deb_core/libindi-data_1.8.2_all.deb
deb_core/libindi-dev_1.8.2_amd64.deb
deb_core/indi-bin_1.8.2_amd64.deb

If you also want to build 3rd-party packages, you can customize inside the bash array your desired drivers and run ./build-deb.sh
#!/bin/bash

MAIN_PATH=$(pwd)
DEB_CORE_PATH=deb_core
DEB_EXTRA_PATH=deb_extra

# Build indi core.
rm -rf ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_CORE_PATH}
mkdir -p ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_CORE_PATH}

cd ${MAIN_PATH}/indi
dpkg-buildpackage -j$(nproc --all) -i -us -uc -b
cd ${MAIN_PATH}
mv *.{deb,buildinfo,changes} ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_CORE_PATH}

# Install indi core packages.
sudo dpkg --install ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_CORE_PATH}/*.deb

# Build following indi 3rdparty packages.
declare -a INDI_DRIVERS=( indi-eqmod indi-gpsd indi-gphoto indi-sx libatik indi-atik )
rm -rf ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_EXTRA_PATH}
mkdir -p ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_EXTRA_PATH}

for i in "${INDI_DRIVERS[@]}"
do
    mkdir -p ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_EXTRA_PATH}/${i}/{debian,${i},cmake_modules}
    cp -r ${MAIN_PATH}/indi-3rdparty/debian/${i}/* ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_EXTRA_PATH}/${i}/debian
    cp -r ${MAIN_PATH}/indi-3rdparty/${i}/* ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_EXTRA_PATH}/${i}/${i}
    cp -r ${MAIN_PATH}/indi-3rdparty/cmake_modules ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_EXTRA_PATH}/${i}
    cd ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_EXTRA_PATH}/${i}
    dpkg-buildpackage -j$(nproc --all) -i -us -uc -b

    if echo "${i}" | grep '^lib';
    then
	sudo dpkg --install ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_EXTRA_PATH}/${i}*.deb
    fi
done

# Install indi 3rdparty packages.
sudo dpkg --install ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_EXTRA_PATH}/*.deb

I'm using Debian system:
>lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:	Debian
Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
Release:	10
Codename:	buster

and that is why I build package from github my self.

Cheers
Thomas
The following user(s) said Thank You josemsubcn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 months 3 weeks ago 7 months 3 weeks ago by ChrisRowland.
ChrisRowland
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 517
Karma: 9
More
How to update indi libraries for astroberry 2.0.0 and RPI4 #47011
As I understand it if you want anything that's newer than the official AstroBerry release you have to build it yourself. The sudo apt update and sudo apt upgrade incantation only gets you to the current released version.
The following user(s) said Thank You josemsubcn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 months 3 weeks ago
josemsubcn
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
Posts: 47
More
Topic Author
How to update indi libraries for astroberry 2.0.0 and RPI4 #47013

Copello wrote: One approach is to e.g. build the package by your self.

>git clone https://github.com/indilib/indi
Cloning into 'indi'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 19, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (19/19), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (12/12), done.
remote: Total 59773 (delta 8), reused 13 (delta 7), pack-reused 59754
Receiving objects: 100% (59773/59773), 391.93 MiB | 32.67 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (45680/45680), done.

then make sure you have all the required packages installed:
>less indi/debian/control
Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 8.1.3~),
 cdbs,
 cmake (>= 2.4.7),
 libcfitsio3-dev|libcfitsio-dev,
 libnova-dev,
 libusb-1.0-0-dev,
 zlib1g-dev,
 libjpeg-dev,
 libgsl0-dev | libgsl-dev,
 libcurl4-gnutls-dev,
 libtheora-dev,
 libogg-dev,
 libfftw3-dev

Finally run e.g. the followning simple script to ./build-deb-core.sh
>ll
total 24
-rwxr-xr-x  1 x230 x230 384 Dec 17 16:13 build-deb-core.sh
-rwxr-xr-x  1 x230 x230 1298 Dec 17 16:12 build-deb.sh
drwxr-xr-x  2 x230 x230 4096 Dec 17 16:15 deb_core
-rw-r--r--  1 x230 x230   60 Dec 17 16:12 emacs-settings.el
drwxr-xr-x 16 x230 x230 4096 Dec 17 16:13 indi
drwxr-xr-x 64 x230 x230 4096 Dec 17 16:12 indi-3rdparty
#!/bin/bash

MAIN_PATH=$(pwd)
DEB_CORE_PATH=deb_core

# Build indi core.
rm -rf ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_CORE_PATH}
mkdir -p ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_CORE_PATH}

cd ${MAIN_PATH}/indi
dpkg-buildpackage -j$(nproc --all) -i -us -uc -b
cd ${MAIN_PATH}
mv *.{deb,buildinfo,changes} ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_CORE_PATH}

# Install indi core packages.
# sudo dpkg --install ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_CORE_PATH}/*.deb

When the script runs successfully you will find the build packages in
>find deb_core 
deb_core
deb_core/libindi_1.8.2_amd64.changes
deb_core/libindi_1.8.2_amd64.buildinfo
deb_core/libindi1_1.8.2_amd64.deb
deb_core/indi-dbg_1.8.2_amd64.deb
deb_core/libindi-data_1.8.2_all.deb
deb_core/libindi-dev_1.8.2_amd64.deb
deb_core/indi-bin_1.8.2_amd64.deb

If you also want to build 3rd-party packages, you can customize inside the bash array your desired drivers and run ./build-deb.sh
#!/bin/bash

MAIN_PATH=$(pwd)
DEB_CORE_PATH=deb_core
DEB_EXTRA_PATH=deb_extra

# Build indi core.
rm -rf ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_CORE_PATH}
mkdir -p ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_CORE_PATH}

cd ${MAIN_PATH}/indi
dpkg-buildpackage -j$(nproc --all) -i -us -uc -b
cd ${MAIN_PATH}
mv *.{deb,buildinfo,changes} ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_CORE_PATH}

# Install indi core packages.
sudo dpkg --install ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_CORE_PATH}/*.deb

# Build following indi 3rdparty packages.
declare -a INDI_DRIVERS=( indi-eqmod indi-gpsd indi-gphoto indi-sx libatik indi-atik )
rm -rf ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_EXTRA_PATH}
mkdir -p ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_EXTRA_PATH}

for i in "${INDI_DRIVERS[@]}"
do
    mkdir -p ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_EXTRA_PATH}/${i}/{debian,${i},cmake_modules}
    cp -r ${MAIN_PATH}/indi-3rdparty/debian/${i}/* ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_EXTRA_PATH}/${i}/debian
    cp -r ${MAIN_PATH}/indi-3rdparty/${i}/* ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_EXTRA_PATH}/${i}/${i}
    cp -r ${MAIN_PATH}/indi-3rdparty/cmake_modules ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_EXTRA_PATH}/${i}
    cd ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_EXTRA_PATH}/${i}
    dpkg-buildpackage -j$(nproc --all) -i -us -uc -b

    if echo "${i}" | grep '^lib';
    then
	sudo dpkg --install ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_EXTRA_PATH}/${i}*.deb
    fi
done

# Install indi 3rdparty packages.
sudo dpkg --install ${MAIN_PATH}/${DEB_EXTRA_PATH}/*.deb

I'm using Debian system:
>lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:	Debian
Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
Release:	10
Codename:	buster

and that is why I build package from github my self.

Cheers
Thomas

Thanks a lot, and my got....., it seems very difficult to do for me...., but thanks Coello.

Enviado desde mi SM-T813 mediante Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 months 3 weeks ago
josemsubcn
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
Posts: 47
More
Topic Author
How to update indi libraries for astroberry 2.0.0 and RPI4 #47014

ChrisRowland wrote: As I understand it if you want anything that's newer than the official AstroBerry release you have to build it yourself. The sudo apt update and sudo apt upgrade incantation only gets you to the current released version.

Yes, probably I need to wait for a next indi oficial libraries updates...

Thanks

Enviado desde mi SM-T813 mediante Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 months 2 weeks ago
josemsubcn
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
Posts: 47
More
Topic Author
How to update indi libraries for astroberry 2.0.0 and RPI4 #47186
Sorry,

If I want to install the latest drivers for Pegasus Pocket Power Box, what are the steps to do it?.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 months 2 weeks ago
Kaczorek
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 936
Karma: 6
More
How to update indi libraries for astroberry 2.0.0 and RPI4 #47201

--
Radek Kaczorek
Astroberry Server | NEQ6 | Atik 460EX | Atik EFW2 | ASI 120MM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 months 2 weeks ago 7 months 2 weeks ago by josemsubcn.
josemsubcn
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
Posts: 47
More
Topic Author
How to update indi libraries for astroberry 2.0.0 and RPI4 #47202
Thnks Kaczorek,

But don't works to update the pegasus PPB driver. The problem is that with this instructions only is possible to update to the latest stable version, but the latest stable version for the pegasus power box have a problem and don't works fine (at least for my RPI4 with astroberry 2.0.0). I need another version for the driver, problably I need a later version.....

Thanks,

Jose

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 months 2 weeks ago
Kaczorek
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 936
Karma: 6
More
How to update indi libraries for astroberry 2.0.0 and RPI4 #47210
Then you need to compile from sources.

--
Radek Kaczorek
Astroberry Server | NEQ6 | Atik 460EX | Atik EFW2 | ASI 120MM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.834 seconds