INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

AstroBerry 2.0 and device logging disabled

• Thank you received: 15
Hello,

I am running AstroBerry 2.0 on my RPI3B+. Under INDI device manager, all devices have [INFO] Debug is disabled. At first I thought it was a permissions issue, ./.indi/logs is missing. I created the missing folder and granted permissions. Still, clicking Debug yields this error. I see the options but are denied access. When are devices going to be allowed access to Debug?

SkySafari is notorious for needing to debug configuration syntax and emulation issues. Joystick is another with buttons.
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by John Robison.
4 years 3 months ago #47621

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 375
You can enable logs for any driver using Logs button on the main Ekos tab. Just make sure that Verbosity to 'Verbose'
4 years 3 months ago #47735

Hello,

Thank you for taking time to reply. I investigated EKOS. Under Advanced Settings, Verbose and File are enabled. They have been enabled when I first installed 2.0.0.

The problem I have described are specific to Device and INDI. Hardware Device logging is my focus. EQMOUNT and all devices have DEBUG disabled. When clicking on DEBUG, INDI immediately disables DEBUG. This is the behavior at this present time.

Also, Raspbian and DuckDuck are excluded from INDI. Every time I log on, I get Logon unsuccessful. Hmm... my password is correct. I think a certificate is missing with Raspbian.
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by John Robison.
4 years 3 months ago #47779

• Thank you received: 375
Hi, you will not enable logging in Ekos advanced settings. I'm talking about Logs button at the main Ekos tab. See the screenshots below. After enabling verbose logging you can activate logging for specific drivers groups.

I don't understand what you mean by that. Could you give some more details?
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Robison
4 years 3 months ago #47784
Attachments:

Hello,

Thank you for the pointer to the location. All is well now.

This is what I mean about denied access to logging onto the INDI forum. I would rather upload from the affected system.

4 years 3 months ago #47798
Attachments:

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.483 seconds