INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Cannot Connect to Astroberry VAP

• Thank you received: 0
This is awesome - I just followed these steps and tested it out. It works great! Thanks for taking the time to sort this out and for posting such clear and complete instructions.
3 years 11 months ago #52182

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 12
I'm glad it helped someone.
3 years 11 months ago #52198

• Thank you received: 2
Thanks for taking the time to explained this. I was having problems with astroberry hotspot and this saved the day.
3 years 9 months ago #55030

I am running with Astroberry Server release 2.0.4 and cant connect Android (Samsung Galaxy ) to its hotspot.
is it the same issue as mentioned here? if yes, what should be the right solution these days?

Thanks,
2 years 3 months ago #78707

• Thank you received: 21
The situation has not changed much:

Raspian buster has become oldstable, but still is on 2.7.
bullseye has become stable and is on 2.9.
Astroberry is still based on buster.

So still the advice is to install wpasupplicant 2.9 by hand following these steps: www.indilib.org/forum/astroberry/6229-ca....html?start=12#52158
2 years 3 months ago #78717

Hmm, that is a pity.
Buster is seriously outdated. Not only the wpa supplicant has problem, but libraw too. The version in Buster does not support CR3, the raw format used by Canon cameras since a few years. So you need to compile libraw, Kstars, EKOS and the gphoto indi driver too from source to support any semi modern Canon camera.
2 years 3 months ago #78720

If is causing issues with Cannon, I am wondering if these, old libraryes could be also a reason for the following issue i am facing with Sony DSLR?? - github.com/indilib/indi-3rdparty/issues/...suecomment-987876032

And thank you for help, i will make the manual updates ...
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Yossi.
2 years 3 months ago #78723

Outdated libraries may cause all sorts of problems, for sure. But as far as I understand, these are a separate issue, with gphoto. I'm not sure if it was fixed upstream. What I was referring to is an issue (or rather a new feature) in libraw, which was  fixed (or one can say added) in upstream years ago, we were just waiting for the Raspbian to be updated. This finally happened, so atroberry should be updated too. I understand that this is a lot of work, but it has to be done as soon as possible, since it could fix a lot of issues outstanding since years.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yossi
2 years 3 months ago #78726

wpa-supplicant 2.9 DOES NOT BUILD on a raspberry pi 4b using the config file suggested. The error message is:

/usr/bin/ld:.config: file format not recognized; treating as linker script
/usr/bin/ld:.config:3: syntax error
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** No rule to make target 'ctrl_iface_unix', needed by 'wpa_supplicant'. Stop.

Building also fails using the default config file and the Android.config file because ssl cannot be found.
1 year 5 months ago #86901

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 1.909 seconds