INDI Library v1.8.5 Released (19 Apr 2020)

April 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.5 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

Monitoring Astroberry Server at the scope

7 months 2 days ago
CapnRon
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder
More
Topic Author
Monitoring Astroberry Server at the scope #47903
I have my equipment set up and working with the Astroberry Server (running on an Rpi 4 at the scope), now I am waiting for clear skies. My question has to do with monitoring activity at the telescope; principally focus and polar alignment , while the equipment is controlled from a remote computer. I have my equipment setup on home made scope caddy, I role it out of the garage down into the yard ; it is tethered to the house router via a long ethernet cable. I have a laptop, in the garage, running a Chrome connection to the server over the ethernet network. When I get to where I have to focus the scope (manual focus control) I need a monitor at the scope to see what is happening. My thought is that I can run a VNC connection to the WiFi server using an Ipad and the screen of the Ipad will mimic what ever is going on a the laptop in the garage. I can see that now just sitting in my study, but I am never sure of stuff until I see it happen under the real conditions. I will also need to monitor the adjustments I make during polar alignment, but again there should be nothing I need to actively do with Kstars , all the adjustment is at the scope. I just want to be able to monitor the results of that adjustment, just as in focus.

Does anyone see a problem with this approach?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 months 2 days ago
Kaczorek
More
Monitoring Astroberry Server at the scope #47908
I run everything from RPi (including KStars/EKOS). When I need to focus manually I run framing on Ekos Focus tab, then start VNC client on my smartphone, adjust focus and preview focus / HFR on my phone. bVNC allows to zoom in any part of screen on the phone, which is very handy.

--
Radek Kaczorek
Astroberry Server | NEQ6 | Atik 460EX | Atik EFW2 | ASI 120MM

7 months 1 day ago
CapnRon
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder
More
Topic Author
Monitoring Astroberry Server at the scope #47937
Thanks,
I was pretty sure that would work, but now I know it has been done.

Ron

Moderators: Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.370 seconds