I'm tired (I'm going to sleep late behind this topic ...), but I'm still not desperate because I know I have you guys who can help me.
In the end we will get it, I'm sure (I'm a low cost amateur astronomer in Catalonia, and my life is used to having these moments of despair ;-p)
Pardon me. I have been reading this thread. I am puzzled. I tried using /dev/ttyUSB0 early on. I abandoned its use and camped on /dev/ttyACM* for AstroBerry 1.1 and 2.0.0. I think you may have better service using /dev/ttyACM0* for RS232 devices.
i checked the doc - USB 1.1 seems to be the response from this converter, which is apparently an older model.
as far as i can tell, all is fine with your converter. so it is either a hardware failure (scarce) or a software problem ...
i am running out of suggestions, maybe someone with a better understanding of udev rules might be able to help.
... i still see the focuser as a separate device here - which is suspicious.
- move the udev rules file to a different location so that they are not executed at startup
- now, you cannot access /dev/ttyUSB0 UNLESS you are root OR - i hope that works - you give everyone else access to the device by typing
sudo chmod a+rw /dev/ttyUSB0
in the terminal. start kstars in the same terminal. if this works (unless i typed some BS, which is always possible), then the udev rules are the problem. this is not a remedy, by the way. next time you reboot, access is gone again ...
Thank you so much.
I'll try it tonight (within 13 hours or so, now I'm working ... ).
I hope it works and clarifies the topic, or better: Fix it.
If not, I suppose I will have to reload astroberry 2.0 from a new image and wait works and/or reprogram the STM32.
At the beginings, the focus should be fine and the indi-LX200_OnStep takes control of the mount and focus, but it is true that maybe it is misconfigured and I need to start like an indi-driver in part for focus....
..... Wow this I haven't tried it !!!: I also start the focus with INDI-OnFocus and, then, maybe one thing works for me and not the other? ... One more thing to try !!! )
Still thank you very much ....
I'll tell you .... (I need to solve early because if not my wife kill me )
Now that I have my rig up, I can describe my configuration. I researched udevadm requirements. From there, I decided that all Ill-behaving devices would have their own rules. I have two, a USB DYI GPS and an AstroEQ. I created two rules in /lib/useful/rules.d.
First, udevadm requirements state, KERNEL== is required to enumerate a new instance of a device.
Ex. KERNEL==“ttyACM*” ,SUBSYSTEM== “tty”
This says increment the next asynchronous communication management device is needed under subsystem tty. This addition and rules management style allowed me to manage both devices and give them the desired resources.
I only have two such devices. Only 4 ports exist on every RPI. Other device type may have more.
Also, I took the information after the RUN== and ran the string under sudo to see if any syntax errors or other errors were present. Syntax errors are common.