INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ttyUSB0 issues on OnStepp and RasPi4

• Thank you received: 0
Hi wolfi,

I'm sorry but today raining a lot in my country and I can't acces to the "dome" (a way to named my telescope covert)

Attachment not found

When I can access to the telescope I 'll try it.
At the moment I attach another picture where you can see that really there are two devices on ttyUSB0, device with serial number 0001 is the onstey device.

For other hand, I lisent that is possible to use a Bluetooth like a serial port in astroberry... Then could connect onstep by bluethoot, doesn't it? But I don't know how to do it. Some one know how to do it?
Thanks,
Pep
4 years 2 months ago #48305
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 27
hi!
well - the strange thing is that two device claim ttyUSB0, this has to be in the udev rules. otherwise, you should see ttyUSB0 and ttyUSB1 ... bluetooth is a last resort, rather. maybe you can find out which other device also has a CP20xx built in (they are very widespread). that might be a first step ...
yours wolfi
4 years 2 months ago #48312

Hi wolfi and Hy,

I do the test that wolfi suggest and is amazing, the onstep device generate 2 devices. On next picture, you could see over red line: onstep connected on USB without power. And under of red line: USB disconnected physically to the raspi.
Some idea...???
Thanks

Pep
4 years 2 months ago #48321
Attachments:

Hi to all,
Should be a cp210x driver problem on raspi4? The USB always gives information of the device, but not needely means that have the driver for use the device, isn't it?
Then, some one could tell me how I can install this driver on raspi?
Thanis
Pep
4 years 2 months ago #48361

Hi Hy,

Now I had review the diferent replies and I take look that you have 2 devices on same port.... Then if have two devices with same IDVentor and IDProduct but diferent Serial should be define booth serials on the rules file (99-observatory.rule) and should be detect the both? till today I have only make one line on this file... (sorry... I'm tired and do it more mistakes)

Then in the las sentence of your post say: " Of course, the SYMLINK name (in my case "mount" or "focuser" is arbitrary, but once you have chosen it, you set your port for your OnStep to that, e.g. /dev/focuser " What do you mean? then in the /dev directory apear a new port named "focuser" and on ekos I'll need to looking the "focuser" port? Or is only a name but realy booth devices are conected on ttyUSB0 (in my case)?
because I don't know how to generate a new "ttyUSB1".
I croos my fingers and hope that this will be the solution... to many night to slepping too short hours and I would like to work asap.:( :( ;)

Thanks for your time and sugestions,

Pep
4 years 2 months ago #48376

hi!
i think that all is ok with you onstep - i need to check a CP20xx myself, and i am a little bit confused at the time being. there is apparently a focuser driver in the onstep, isn't it ? at least i interpreted the DRV 8825 chip to be something like that ...
yours wolfi
4 years 2 months ago #48379

• Thank you received: 565
Pep,

Sorry, I don't understand what's going on with your system. What I posted has to do with the situation where you plug two serial devices into your computer, and the OS assigns one device to /dev/ttyUSB0 and assigns the other to /dev/ttyUSB1, but the assignment is somewhat random as to which gets 0 and which gets 1. That is what happens for me. It never assigns both to /dev/ttyUSB0 (I don't understand that, not sure what that means, are you sure that's what's happening?).

So, when my situation occurs, you need to have a way of knowing which physical device (0 or 1) is your focuser is and which is your mount.
My advice deals with that situation. If that is not what's happening to you, unfortunately, I'm not sure what more to tell you.

Just in case, can you please run this command with your devices plugged in and none of my changes.
ls -l /dev/ttyUSB*
Are you sure you don't see both /dev/ttyUSB0 and /dev/ttyUSB1?

Hy
4 years 2 months ago #48384

Hi, it is my first experience with INDI system and I have a problem with guide camera (ASI120MM-S) when the mount (CEM40) is connected ttyUSB0......
Could be the same problem ?
Could be the same problem ?
I don't manage to resolve it....
4 years 2 months ago #48409

Hi wolfi,

The DRV8825 is the stepper motor drivers (2 for mount and 1 for focus)
The indi onstep driver control the both (mount and focus).
Continue the problem...
Thanks,
Pep
4 years 2 months ago #48415

Hi Hy,

I saw in your case that you had the same vendor and product but diferent serial, but I tried in my case and not works...
About ttyUSB* I add the picture, but I only connect a USB

Then I looking for ID Vendor on ttyUSB0 and find 3 idventor :ohmy:

I'm completely lost... I don't know how to do it... The 3 idventor desapear when I disconnect the only usb as connected....

Thanks,
Pep
4 years 2 months ago #48416
Attachments:

hi! don't fall into despair - i will check my CP20xx today to see what i get ... yours wolfi
4 years 2 months ago #48435

Hi Wolfi,

I'm tired (I'm going to sleep late behind this topic ...), but I'm still not desperate because I know I have you guys who can help me.
In the end we will get it, I'm sure (I'm a low cost amateur astronomer in Catalonia, and my life is used to having these moments of despair ;-p)

Thanks a lot,
Pep
4 years 2 months ago #48438

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.697 seconds