INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astroberry Server 2.0.1 is available now!

• Thank you received: 38
Will I know that doesn't work for sure. The camera side will take a standard usb cable, I tried it in my RPI3B+ with the same result, however when I used a standard cable it worked great (not the cable that came with the camera)
3 years 11 months ago #51474

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 69

What is the power rating on the PSU that you are powering your Pi from? Is it an official Pi PSU?

In general it is usually better to use a powered USB hub, that connects to the Pi and you plug the camera (and other equipment) into the powered USB hub, rather than rely on the voltage on the Pi USB ports to power the camera.

You might want to check your logs for messages like "Under-voltage detected!"
3 years 11 months ago #51475

• Thank you received: 0
Hi Radek,
Great piece of software - using with EQ6 , Orion SSAG(QHY), Canon DSLR and ATIK cameras - with MacBook both as Remote and Local Kstars - on a Pi 3 and 4 - works great. Thanks.
Two questions:|
1) I've updated 2.0.0 with apt-get update and upgrade but the VNC Splash Screen still says 2.0.0 not 2.0.1 - Is there a terminal command I can run to see which version of astroberry is running?
2) If I wanted to use the ATIK Infinity as Live Viewing is it possible for the ATIK Infinity PC Software (running in a VM on MacBook) to see it via astroberry?
Cheers
Terry
3 years 11 months ago #51533

• Thank you received: 375
The version will probably refresh after reboot or you need to do dist-upgrade.
I don't know about ATIK Infinity, but INDI drivers use official ATIK libraries so it should be supported. Have you tried it yet?
3 years 11 months ago #51546

• Thank you received: 0
Hi Radek,

I found a file in /etc called astroberry.version - it says 2.0.1 - but even after numerous reboots the splash screen still says 2.0.0.

As an aside: I just tried ssh'ing into the astroberry (in an attempt to copy the above command and result as text) but got key errors - can ssh cope with more than one astroberry.local as I have a Pi3 and Pi4 set up? It seemed to say I have the wrong key.

I will ask ATIK if there is any way to get the Infinity Software to find the camera over the local network as opposed to USB on the local machine.

Terry
3 years 11 months ago #51554
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 38
Tweeb, I had to dump the cache on my browser for the version number to display properly. Not sure why, but it worked after I did that in Chrome.
3 years 11 months ago #51555

That's was I suspected. Browser was caching some parts of the user interface. I'm glad it works for you.
By the way... Isn't Atik Air the answer to your question related to ATIK Infinity? www.atik-cameras.com/atik-air-software/
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Radek Kaczorek.
3 years 11 months ago #51561

• Thank you received: 69

You should rename one of your Pis or both, e.g. astroberry3 and astroberry4, That way you will address both via mDNS by different names and it should be able to differentiate between the two as separate systems.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Giles. Reason: typo
3 years 11 months ago #51562

This is right. It is related how SSH handles authenticity of a destination host - each system has its unique keys generated at the first boot. If you access these systems by the same hostname you will get a warning from SSH. You can either remove key association as stated in SSH message each time or setup unique names for these systems, so to avoid conflict (same name, different keys).
3 years 11 months ago #51564

• Thank you received: 15
Hi,

No new updates on phd2? Thanks.

Tom
3 years 11 months ago #51606

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.349 seconds