INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

How to install Altair 294c on Astroberry 2.0.1 ?

• Thank you received: 0
Linux noob(ish) here.

I can't find any clear instructions on how to do this anywhere, so I was hoping that the collective expertise could help.

I have just purchased an Altair Hypercam 294c and wish to connect it to my RPi4 running Astroberry 2.0.1 (and possibly StellarMate at some point, so hopefully there's some commonality)

The excellent chap at Altair, Ian, said that I would need to download and run the AltairCapture script to set up the drivers. I have done this..... or at least I think that I have. I downloaded, extracted and ran the unzipped .sh file, but no feedback is provided, so how do I find out if it is actually installed?

I'm thinking that I needed to so a sudo from the command line, rather than just double-clicking on the archive, and having the terminal sit for a few seconds before disappearing enigmatically.

Assuming that the drivers have been installed, is it then just a case of plugging the cam in and setting it up in Ekos as the CCD?

Cheers,
Darren
4 years 1 month ago #50117

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 375
I don't think you need to install anything. The system provides indi_altair_ccd driver. Just add it to your Ekos profile, start INDI server and your CCD should be up and running.
See indilib.org/devices/cameras/altair-cameras.html
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Radek Kaczorek.
4 years 1 month ago #50118

Thanks Kaczorek; as I thought.

Would I have caused any problems in running the AltairCapture script, do you think?
4 years 1 month ago #50119

I don't know the script so I cannot comment on that, but it introduced some extra changes to your system for sure. I would start from scratch (reflashing SD card).
Can you share the script or URL so I can inspect it?
4 years 1 month ago #50120

4 years 1 month ago #50121

First of all, it is for x64 architecture so it will not run on Raspberry (arm architecture). Second, it is installed in /usr/local so it should not conflict with existing driver. You can ignore it, but it will stay in your system. I don't see any easy uninstall procedure, so you can leave with that or start clean system by reflashing your SD card.
4 years 1 month ago #50123

Brilliant! I looked in /usr/local/Altair and found uninstall.sh.

I ran that and no more Altair folder.

Thanks to your help, that was easier to resolve than it could have been :)

Cheers,

Darren
4 years 1 month ago #50124

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.580 seconds