INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Shutter Control Port Field Missing After Updating Astroberry

• Thank you received: 1
Hi, All.

First post here after recently pulling out the telescope and setting up Astroberry for some astrophotography. Working with what I have for now to get the swing of things. Running a Celestron Nexstar 6SE with a Nikon D7000 and a serial shutter control using a kmtronics single USB relay so I can use the bulb setting of the D7000 (I know I need to upgrade to an EQ mount eventually). I have not been able to get Ekos to fire the shutter via the kmtronics relay board on /dev/ttyUSB01 (confirmed via dmesg | grep tty) so I tried updating Astroberry to see if that might help. After updating, I no longer see the option to configure a shutter release port in the Nikon camera settings.

Any thoughts on where I should go from here would be greatly appreciated!
SkyWatcher HEQ5 > Pegasus Pocket Powerbox > Celestron Nexstar 6se OTA w/ f/6.3 FR > Nikon Z6 imaging camera > Agena StarGuider 50mm guide scope > ZWO ASI290MM Mini guide camera
3 years 10 months ago #55178

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
Update:

I wiped out my SD card and reinstalled Astroberry. The shutter control option is back and I was able to get it to fire my kmtronic relay to control the shutter on my Nikon D7000 (I found info that said the GPhotoCCD driver needed to be selected instead of Nikon when using and external shutter control).

As soon as I update Astroberry with sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade && sudo apt dist-upgrade, the shutter control field disappears as it did initially. My best guess is that has something to do with an updated component of Astroberry. Maybe GPhoto itself?

I went back to a clean install without updating at this point and I would be fine with leaving things as is for now, but I have a new issue related to the external shutter control on my Nikon camera where the camera jumps into PC mode and ignores the external shutter control. This was apparently resolved in a recent update to GPhoto (github.com/indilib/indi/issues/1143), but updating makes the shutter control configuration field in the GPhoto CCD main camera control window disappear.

Again, any thoughts are appreciated.
SkyWatcher HEQ5 > Pegasus Pocket Powerbox > Celestron Nexstar 6se OTA w/ f/6.3 FR > Nikon Z6 imaging camera > Agena StarGuider 50mm guide scope > ZWO ASI290MM Mini guide camera
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Gilbert.
3 years 10 months ago #55216

• Thank you received: 375
New updates has been just released. New GPhoto driver is included, so please test and report back.
3 years 8 months ago #57966

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.351 seconds