INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Re:Re:"No exposure widget found. Can not expose!" - Fuji X-T2

• Thank you received: 1
Hi guys,

Hoping you can help.

Getting this error whenever I try to take a photo with my Fuji X-T2. I have not successfully been able to take a photo as yet.

[2020-06-11T10:49:23.447 AEST DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - GPhoto CCD : "[DEBUG] No exposure widget found. Can not expose! "

Running v2.0.1 of Astroberry
The current version of KStars 3.4.2
Only a Fuji X-T2 connected via USB cable
Ekos running the camera with the GPhoto CCD driver (GPhoto version: 2.5.20, libgphoto2: 2.5.24.1, libgphoto2_port 0.12.0)

The X-T2 camera was in Bulb mode, connected to the Pi 4B via a working USB cable (it can control the mount no problem) with the LCD screen showing black with 'USB Mode' displayed.

Error below:

[2020-06-11T10:49:23.447 AEST INFO ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - GPhoto CCD : "[INFO] Starting 1 seconds exposure. "
[2020-06-11T10:49:23.447 AEST DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - GPhoto CCD : "[DEBUG] No exposure widget found. Can not expose! "

The full log file attached here.

File Attachment:

File Name: logfile.txt
File Size:21 KB

Hope you can help,
Cheers,
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by EmuHead. Reason: Focusing the issue
3 years 9 months ago #55341
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 301
Version of your libraries say X-T2 should be compatible. Could you try the gphoto2 test application, or whatever capture application you have available? Also check with only the camera connected.

-Eric
3 years 9 months ago #55412

Thanks.. I'll have a look for a GPhoto test application, is that just a command line driven part of gphoto? ..and yes actually that was just the camera only connected, nothing else.
3 years 9 months ago #55414

I have just the command line running on the Pi4B, and only the camera connected via USB cable.

gphoto2 --auto-detect
shows the Fuji Fujifilm X-T2 connected on Port usb:001,003

all looking promising..

gphoto2 --summary
tells me: No image capture, No open capture, No vendor specific capture

not looking so good..

gphoto2 --debug-logfile=mylogfile.txt --capture-image
tells me: ERROR
'Sorry, your camera does not support generic capture'

Any help here is very appreciated.

This happens for both the Fuji X-T1 and the Fuji X-T2. Exactly the same errors.

I have opened a ticket on github for GPhoto also.

'PTP Device Prop Not Supported' was found in the debug logfile for Gphoto - which is likely the root cause im guessing.
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by EmuHead. Reason: Added both X-T1 and X-T2 cameras
3 years 9 months ago #55487

• Thank you received: 301
It's possible the bulb mode is causing issues, try without. That means you won't have so much choice in exposures.

I have the X-M1, which cannot be controlled. My only solution would have been to use a custom shutter cable, but this increases the difficulty given the very proprietary nature of the interface. In the end, I use that camera for manual mobile observations with a programmable shutter. Plus, I can't find a way to have the firmware keep the white balance for long exposures, even in raw (maybe a later firmware...?). Excellent camera, but weird Fuji choices.

-Eric
3 years 9 months ago #55556

Wonder if this would work for your white balance problem:
gphoto2 --list-all-config (to find the label/s regarding white balance.. and look for the option number you might want to set it to)
then
gphoto2 --set-config <the_name_of_the_white_balance_label>=<option_number>
eg. gphoto2 --set-config whitebalance=3
then
gphoto2 --list-all-config (to see if the change was saved)

Raised the following over at Gphoto github..
github.com/gphoto/gphoto2/issues/340

"
Hi Marcus,

Ive had a chance to test GPhoto2 with my Fuji X-T2 and unfortunately theres some weird things happening, but hopefully nothing that cant be fixed.

Camera setup:
My camera has a physical dial with 3 shooting modes: A (auto), B (bulb), T (timed), and also a way to shoot in either MS (mechanical shutter) or ES (electronic shutter), or MS&ES (both).

Testing method:
I tested image capture from the command line, and then if that worked, also in Ekos capture module and noted the results.

PC Connection Modes:
I tested all 3 camera tether modes on the Fuji X-T2 under 'PC Connection Mode' menu:

USB Card Reader: This causes the ERROR: 'Sorry your camera does not support generic capture' when running from command line. Ekos didnt work obviously.
USB Tether Shooting AUTO: Saves only to the Pi, whether thats 'gphoto --capture-image-and-download', or from Ekos (after specifying a save directory). Running the 'gphoto2 --capture-image-and-download --keep' command line in Pi terminal saves the image to the Pi but not to the camera card.
USB Tether Shooting Fixed: Same as the above, however a warning message appears stating 'waiting for data transfer to complete, Press OK to cancel', which doesnt appear using the above PC Connection Mode.
Saving the image:
So using the PC Connection Method from here on in of 'USB Tether Shooting AUTO', in all cases the image was only stored on the Pi. I could not get an image to save to the card, but not a huge problem.

Data Indicator Lamp:
Normal if using the '--capture-image-and-download', but if you simply use '--capture-image' then the 'indicator lamp' flashes orange and green continuously, as if data transfer was taking place, even long after images had been captured. It actually never stopped.
Even after I had turned power off to the camera (which didnt actually power off the camera) the indicator lamp went solid orange as if data transfer was even still taking place. Only when i removed the USB cable did the camera finally completely turn off.

Results:
(B)ulb mode ONLY works with the ES shutter and it only shoots 1s images (which is a Fuji limitation on the BULB/ES combo anyway). However if MS shutter or MS&ES shutter is selected, BULB mode stops working altogether and wont capture an image. (logfile attached below). So i cant user this for astrophotography however this would be the top solution if this was working.
(A)utomatic mode works (MS, ES, both) but cannot control the shutter speed at all (as the camera controls that for what it considers to be an optimal exposure). This happens for all MS, ES, MS&ES shutters. Again, cant use this for astrophotography.
(T)imed mode (ES) works in the following way:

Pi Terminal command line: 'gphoto2 --capture-image-and-download' takes the image and uses the shutter speed set on the camera, which can be changed on the camera itself at any time. The image is saved to the Pi only, and this so far is the best currently working solution of them all.
Ekos capture module: Requested exposure time entered was 120 seconds, and a 1.3s image was taken, however you do need to wait the following ~118 seconds before the image is saved to the Pi directory (directory specified in Ekos). Image is not saved to the camera. The orange and green lights flash continuously. I tested a number of different exposure times and noticed that 'requested' times vs 'actual' times (according to the metadata in Lightroom) are seen to be divisable by around 100, actually somewhere between 90-110. (eg. 60s requested = 0.6s actual, 180s = 2.0s actual, 900s = 8.0s actual, 10s = 0.1s actual).
I have attached the logfile for this also.
(T)imed mode (MS) tbc.
If the exposure times here were correct, this would be better than the (T)+ES solution above, but in its current state is not workable given the wait times.
Logfiles:
BULB Mode Mechanical Shutter not working
I also created a logfile for BULB Mode with Electronic Shutter (that shot the 1s image successfully) but its 220MB in size. Let me know if you might want that for any comparison.
KStars Timed mode out by a factor of 90 to 110

Additional info:
Also, the 'Preset' time values on the Ekos tab:'Gphoto CCD' had very high & unusual looking values. Images attached below.
Exposure times
Shutter Speeds

Versions:
GPhoto version: 2.5.23, libgphoto2: 2.5.24.1 (even though i did upgrade to 2.5.25 it still says 2.5.24.1), libgphoto2_port 0.12.0. The X-T2 camera was in the mentioned above modes, connected to a Raspian Raspberry Pi 4B.

In a perfect world

Hopefully, the BULB mode issue when set to MS / MS&ES can be fixed.
Alternatively, the TIMED mode working in Ekos with the correct exposure times (without the long wait time) would also work for Astrophotography.
Many thanks,
"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by EmuHead.
3 years 9 months ago #55566

• Thank you received: 0
Hi did this get fixed exact same problem with xt 30
3 years 8 months ago #56849

• Thank you received: 0
Hi I have the exact same problem is this being worked on or is there a fix for it? Fujifilm XT-30
Thanks
3 years 8 months ago #56893

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 1.117 seconds