INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Skysafari Indi driver and declinaisaon between 0 and -1°.

• Thank you received: 2
Hello,

I am repporting a bug with , I supose, the Skysafari Indi Driver.
Configuration : RPI +3B with Rasbian Buster. KStar+Ekos last release. INDI Mount driver LX200 GPS, connected to my personnal mount interface simulating LX200 GPS protocol through ethernet port.

When I connect Skysafari and I am sending a goto command with a declinaison between 0 and -1° the final destination is the positive value of the declinaison..

I have so a big doubt in the Indi SkiSafari because when I am connecting directly Skysafary with my personnal interface through ethernet port, I receive the correct negative declinaison and the mount go to the right coordonate.
When I pass through the INDI skysafari driver, I receive a positiv declinaison at my personnal mount interface, and the mount go to the wrong positiv declinaison coordonate.

When I send the goto command through KStar, there is no issue, the correcte negativ declinaison is receive and the mount go to the right coordonate.

So I releay supose the bug in the Skysafary INDI driver.

It is classical bug due certainly to a wrong cast which is not impacting the use of KStar but I think it is important to signal it if you are a Skysafari big user !

Best regards.
JC
3 years 10 months ago #55512

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13
I logged a similar bug several weeks ago. A change was made, but I don't think the fix has gotten to Astroberry yet.

github.com/indilib/indi/issues/1138

I use a convertible Chromebook to connect to Astroberry. Using a touch screen with SkySafari connected to INDI is a great experience.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JCAstro
3 years 10 months ago #55624

Jugglerkris, thank you for the reply ! Effectively using Chromebook with SkySafari should be a great experience. It's like to be in spaceship ! For the moment I am using my Wiko smartphone ..It's smaller but still confortable, it convince me to mothorized my 24" Dobson with such kind of system.

So you mean the nativ driver have been correted but not reported to Astroberry ? I am beginer in the INDI world,... , astroberry is the package dedicated far Rasbian only ? So some issues could be corrected in the nativ driver but not on all system ...?

JC
ps: R Oph is still at it's minimum.
3 years 9 months ago #55834

• Thank you received: 375
Updates has been just pushed to Astroberry repository so please test it and report back
3 years 8 months ago #57971

Awesome! It's raining now, and cloudy tonight, but I think I can use the mount's Simulation mode to test it. I'll give it a shot.
3 years 8 months ago #57973

Is this available with an update using apt? After upgrading the system, the /usr/bin/indi_skysafari file is still dated March 7th. I don't think I have the latest version yet even though I saw a few other INDI drivers update.
3 years 8 months ago #57975

• Thank you received: 375
This is right and I was wrong. The updates I pushed to repository include 3rd party drivers only. Sky Safari is part of core INDI library. It will be updated when stable version 1.8.6 is released. Sorry for confusion
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kristopher
3 years 8 months ago #57985

I tried to update the Indi library but apparently without success. Don you confirm that the point is solved in 1.8.6 release ? My second question is , I tried all the command described in Raspberry "Stable Release " Tuto (" wegt -O https:\_... for astroberry + sudo apt install indi-full gsc for Library ... up to basic driver " ) But aaprently the bug is remaining. So where can I upgrade the Indi Library 1.8.6...?

Thanks in any case for your reply !

JC
3 years 6 months ago #60732

I agree. I believe this code should be in Astroberry already (???), but it does not appear like the fix was enough to correct the issue. I am still not able to slew to that tiny strip of sky between 0 and -1 degree using SkySafari. There might be more changes required.
3 years 6 months ago #60876

Hi , concerning Astrobery 1.8.6, I was obliged to use the older release ... This is due to the imposssibility to use DSLR Canon and SSAG driver... This remarks is deviating from the original post ( "Skysafari indi driver and declinaison between 0 an -1 °). I was thinking of a hardware issue but taking back the older SMD card, I was forced to admit that is it cames from this 1.8.6 release or perharps it installation...? I did not get post relating to those problem. Do you think it could come from the installation rules ? ( I apply the complete process indicated in the "Get INDI/ Raspberry" tutorial.

So far I well understtod that the 0-1° will not be part of the 1.8.6 release...

JC
3 years 5 months ago #61851

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.891 seconds