INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Tracking failing

• Thank you received: 0

Tracking failing was created by Murray Fox

First night with Astroberry on a Raspberry Pi 4b. Everything up and running, guiding solving session etc. After an hour all of a sudden I noticed guiding failed (100% clear sky and no dew). On a closer look, the mount was moving away from the target. I was using phd2 guiding at the time. Stopped, disconnected, reconnected switching to internal guiding, running again and everything working. Another hour and the same thing happened again. Did a simple stop session, plate solve slew to target again and restarted session. Another hour and ran away again.

Any ideas at all on this one? I can't find any obvious settings that might be the cause. It's almost like tracking is just stopping and it's the normal earth rotation moving the target away. It's not doing it at slew speed bit you can see the stars move on the Guide Scope view in guiding if I loop it.
3 years 9 months ago #55941

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 375

Replied by Radek Kaczorek on topic Tracking failing

It happened to me recently, but didn't have time for debugging. Does it apply to PHD2 only?
3 years 9 months ago #55955

• Thank you received: 133

Replied by Peter Sütterlin on topic Tracking failing

Do you use subframes? I did see similar behavior when using PHD2 and subframe readout on my 290MMmini. Every now and then it would get a blank frame and then start searching the star, driving the pointing away from the target.
Wild guess, I know. Might also have been related to USB connection issues. In the meantime the guide cam has a separate cable to the control computer (before it was through the hub of the ASI1600), and I never had problems again...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Muller
3 years 9 months ago #55956

Replied by Murray Fox on topic Tracking failing

Unfortunately it happened with both internal and external guiding.
3 years 9 months ago #55957

Replied by Murray Fox on topic Tracking failing

I did have it on subframe. Ok that's something to try at least. Guide came is the Asi120mm-s Usb3 and is connected directly to the Pi no hub etc.
3 years 9 months ago #55958

• Thank you received: 23

Replied by Paul Muller on topic Tracking failing

same! had to switch it off
The following user(s) said Thank You: Murray Fox
3 years 9 months ago #55973

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.907 seconds