INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

A few questions about Ekos and cameras

• Thank you received: 5
I've been trying to get Ekos to control my Nikon camera (a D600 in these tests), so I picked the generic Nikon driver. Ekos sees it, but I'm not sure if I have it properly set up in the program. I set it to write RAW to the camera's internal SD cards. When I do a test capture, the camera shoots, but the data is not recorded to the SD cards.

Granted, I don't really know yet what I'm doing with Ekos/PHD2. :unsure: I made a test shoot and could not get the data to be written to the cards. Below are some of the errors I saw listed.

On a separate note, when I first connected the camera, I got a box asking for the sensor's resolution and pixel pitch, and it stated it was a one-time process. However I have two Nikon cameras, a full frame D600 and an APS-C D5100. Is there no way to store presets for the cameras?

Thanks for your time.
3 years 9 months ago #56094
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 226
The resolution should be entered into the Width and Height fields of the Image Info tab. The Frame portion of Image Settings I believe is for subframing.
To save to the SD card, choose SD Card as the Target.
You might also want test the cameras with the GPhoto driver.
3 years 9 months ago #56139

• Thank you received: 5
Well, the program brought the same box up again for the D5100 as it had done for the D600, so I have to image it's automatically creating and keeping profiles. I don't understand why the camera is recognized, but I can't take a shot.
3 years 9 months ago #56141

• Thank you received: 226
Try switching from FITS to Native
3 years 9 months ago #56163

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds