INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

RPI4B and AstroBerry

• Thank you received: 15
Hello,

I recently purchased an RPI4B Kit to control cooling from passive and USB 3.0 needs. I set up KSTARS and EKOS just like my RPI3B+. I got a clear night to test the new RPI4B. I started up EKOS and QHYCCD was not found. My PoleMaster is QHYCCD.

I checked LSUSB. All QHYCCD iVender and iProduct were it. No product description was given. Hmm... I tried specifically calling out 0921 and 0941 in a custom rule. That didn’t work. I add 0920 and 0940 to the rule. That didn’t work. I shutdown the RPI4B and used the RPI3B+. I shelved the RPI4B to reconfigure.

When I compared the RPI4B to the RPI3B+, the location to the firmware has changed. USR vs LIB, that is the difference. I checked the location of LIB and the folder is empty. There is the problem. I checked synaptic and libQHY is installed. The QHY folder is empty. This left me with reinstalling the QHY library.

Using cp was a nightmare. The source is under the AstroBerry home directory with firmware as the last folder in the chain. I wanted the destination to be /lib/firmware/QHY. CP does not permit wildcard at the command line. The -r option must be used. Using -r gives /lib/firmware/QHY/firmware. That is not what the rule for QHY says. So, I reinstalled the QHY library. Now I am have a working RPI4B.

I did install the AstroPIRaspbian3 script. I did not notice any anomalies. An empty firmware folder after initial set up is explained by not attaching any QHYCCD product before installation?

I did not have to with the ZWO. I select QHYCCD and ZWO. The ZWO worked without a hitch. INDI said no QHY was attached. Besides, rules.d has predefined all the expected hardware to be used by the profile.

The QHY library reinstallation worked. Now, INDI Device Manager identifies all expected devices selected for a profile.
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by John Robison. Reason: Syntax
3 years 9 months ago #56162

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds