INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

REUSE ADDRESS

• Thank you received: 15

REUSE ADDRESS was created by John Robison

Hello,

I am noticing in AstroBerry OSerror: [Error 98] server address in use. INDI shuts down. Is there a place to enable REUSE SERVER ADDRESS within Python?
3 years 9 months ago #56435

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 15

Replied by John Robison on topic REUSE ADDRESS

Hello,

The quest to enable reuse server address has ended for now. I made sure INDI was dependent on workin SYSTEM devices and services before proceeding. The INDI logs are silent of Error98: server address in use.

My comments above appeared to work. It didn’t. I disabled the AstroPI3 service INDIWEBMANAGERAPP. INDI has hooks to shutdown running INDI and EKOS running components. With AstroBerry 2.0.3, an WSIWYG web manager for INDI is already in place. Having two systems running leads to conflicts.

Apparently, REUSE anything led to problems. Brute shutdown is the best way to start a new session.

The web manager can start INDI without the Desktop. If SKYSAFARI is the end use, then this works well for SKYSAFARI. I like to use it.

WEBINDI requires a stable platform to work with a third party SKY app. No problem tools exist with WEBINDI. The Desktop is required for problem resolution. Updates and fat fingers are the usual fixable needs.

I like the other tools provided by AstroPI3. They help with trouble resolution. Done.
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by John Robison. Reason: New findings.
3 years 9 months ago #56499

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.613 seconds