INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

How Update Kstars on Astroberry RPi4

• Thank you received: 15
Hello,

Fantastic! As long as vendors help INDI, new products can be used within the RPI community. Having RPI support makes purchasing decisions easier.

The udevadm rules process has strict syntax. Testing rules takes knowledge of Raspbian and udevadm. When you get it right, INDI recognizes the device. This is because the driver gets loaded by the rule when required. My QHYCCD devices require loading firmware before being recognized by INDI.

With StellarMate, the complexity just described is controlled by an app. Investigate this app by isolating the device and focusing on finding what INDI needs to use it. Once done, integrate the other devices with it.

Asynchronous devices are a different animal. They want exclusive use of Comm ports. Cameras usually are not Comm port hungry. The LSUSB output says it consumes several USB resources. It might need some ACM action. Let’s use the StellarMate tools first.
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by John Robison.
3 years 6 months ago #59211

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Just one thing...

There is no 90-svBony.rules file. It is called 99-svBony.rules.
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Doug MacGregor.
3 years 6 months ago #59216
Attachments:

Hello,

AstroBerry does not equal StellarMate. They are similar in tools and support. What is on my RPI4B is what I reported. I am glad you found it. Having a file is better than starting from scratch.
3 years 6 months ago #59220

Understood.
I posted a question asking about support for the SV305 in Stellarmate this morning.

Things are looking up.
3 years 6 months ago #59221

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. If not please feel free to move it.

While I'm waiting for KStars to be updated with the latest SV305 driver I decided to try and build the latest 3.5.0 Beta KStars from scratch.

I followed all the instructions located here...

techbase.kde.org/Projects/Edu/KStars/Bui...ing_various_versions

I had 1 or 2 error messages but it seems to have been successful but...

I rebooted after building/installing.

I ran KStars and tried to bring up the Web Manager. It couldn't find the page.

So I went to this page...

github.com/knro/indiwebmanager

And followed the instructions, not knowing that I had to install the indiserver separately. I guess it's automatically included with AstroBerry.

I rebooted and started the Web Manager manually. It worked.

So I went to the Web Manager to make sure it was working. But did not click on "Start".

I started KStars and began by creating a Profile and selecting Indi Web Manager and Site Info and my CCD (SVBONY SV305) and Saved it.

Then started Ekos and it said it could not load the profile I had created.

So I went to the Web Manager and selected Simulators and clicked on Start. Nothing happened.

So basically my whole exercise has failed.

Where did I go wrong?
3 years 6 months ago #59282

Hello,

What is wrong is Ubuntu Mate <> Raspbian Buster.

Open terminal. Use the up arrow and find all the install history. Change the operative word “install” to “remove”.

Go to www.astroberry.io. Here install per the requirements Radek states.

Also, this site has a Get INDI section. The Raspberry section has Radek’s scripts to rebuild.

If you don’t have Synaptic, install it. Search for indi reinstall all green.

Use: apt-get install synaptic

This allows you to graphically see what installed. I use to reinstall packages.
3 years 6 months ago #59319

This is not urgent because I installed AstroDMx on one of my Astroberry SD's and it sees the SV305 perfectly.

Thanks
3 years 6 months ago #59324

3 years 6 months ago #59325

Thanks I saw that and ran those steps.

The problem I am having is with the INDI Web Manager.
I can't get it to run automatically at boot.
I have to issue the command "indi-web" to get it going.

The command "systemctl status indiwebmanager.service" gives the following output... (see attachment)

In comparison to the output from "systemctl status ssh.service" it does not appear as it it is actually running.
I already did a "systemctl enable indiwebmanager.service" to try to activate it at boot.

I don't know how to fix it on this test SD card.
3 years 6 months ago #59327
Attachments:

Hello,

If you have your device connected via a lan cable, you can go to the IP of the device. This will show it INDI-WEB is working.
3 years 6 months ago #59334

I'm connected to the RPi via Wifi and my wireless router - IP address 192.168.0.117.

I connect using VNC to that IP address.

The Web Manager is at 192.168.0.117:8624.
On this SD unless I first run indi-web manually it can't find that address either from the RPi itself or my Win10 Desktop PC.

My Astroberry SD is just fine, so I must have done something wrong setting it up.
If I were to start again with the NOOBS should I download the full Indi before building KStars?
3 years 6 months ago #59335

Hello,

AstroBerry.io has an image already to build. This includes ind-web. This is the appeal of AstroBerry Server 2.0.2.

The other method, via INDI, builds for Ubuntu Mate. I keep my RPI3B+ Ubuntu Mate. It doesn’t have InDI-web.

I would look at the .service files for the components of InDI-web. Check to see if services are not lining up. The systemctl output looks like the service is running.

AstroPI3 includes some tools to get indiwebmanager pieces monitored. I would not recommend it for AstroBerry Server 2.0.2. ABS 2..0.2 is optimized to be a remote device.

Here is how I get to the device. I just use the IP. Don’t add the port.
3 years 6 months ago #59339

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 1.012 seconds