INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

How Update Kstars on Astroberry RPi4

• Thank you received: 5

What version of Kstars have you got after the apt-get upgrade ?

This whole thread is about the latest version not being n the astroberry repository.
3 years 7 months ago #57544

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 50
@wornish So as of a couple of hours ago, and thanks to your encouragement, I appear to have a working set up with KStars 3.5.0 (as reported from the Help setting) running on a fully updated Raspberry Pi OS booting from a Sandisk Extreme SSD. I have found a workaround for the USB ‘problem’ thanks mostly to trial and error after suggestions from @kross. The precise mechanism which sometimes means that lsusb doesn’t list Bus 001 devices, is as yet unexplained, but I am back to a situation where everything appears to be functioning again - the only changes being that a couple of the USB cables are plugged into different ports on the 7-port tp-link powered USB3.0 hub. So now I can struggle to get to grips with the new KStars features!
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Thompson
3 years 7 months ago #57580

• Thank you received: 15
Hello,

Before the update, I was at 3.4.3. After the update, I was testing hardware. I was not concerned about version. I was happy to see rules working. I will verify the version and report back. Right now, it is packed up until the next clear day.
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by John Robison.
3 years 7 months ago #57585

• Thank you received: 3
Thanks Wornish and Hy - followed both your details and I am now at 3.5.0

I note I had to use a different URL in the initial git pull - I just clicked on the URL and then copy and pasted what it actually resolved to.

Thanks!
3 years 7 months ago #57670

3.5.0?????????????????????????????? ahh..okay. It is indinightly.
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Tom.
3 years 7 months ago #57672

• Thank you received: 4
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing: if 3.4.3 just got released, how can they have 3.5.0? That explains it.

With that said, what's new in 3.5.0 that didn't make it into 3.4.3? I am curious.
3 years 7 months ago #57677

• Thank you received: 69

It's not 3.5.0, after releasing 3.4.3 Jaseem changed the version in the development source code to prepare for a 3.5.0 release, the version they have is just a few source code commits different from 3.4.3 and not to be considered stable.
3 years 7 months ago #57679

okay. Will never want to upgrade mine to that 3.5.0 first. Unless you wish to solve issues the whole night. I am running on a stable version nowadays. :) Good luck guys.
3 years 7 months ago #57680

Perhaps you could be a bit more constructive and help those of us who didn’t know we were compiling ‘indinightly’ to reach the stable version of 3.4.3? Many thanks in advance!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jiberjaber
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Avocette.
3 years 7 months ago #57681

• Thank you received: 69

You want to look at the commits invent.kde.org/education/kstars/-/commits/master

Then go to the version that relates to the 3.4.3 release and clone that, rather than cloning the latest version in git.

They (the developers) don't appear to tag versions in git, but this is bleeding-edge kstars, so really, you're already running beta, even if not nightly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jiberjaber
3 years 7 months ago #57682

Many thanks for the clarifications. I certainly would prefer not be be cutting edge! I now have a second SSD running the simple June Astroberry 2.0.2 image (KStars 3.4.2) which continues to serve me well.
3 years 7 months ago #57683

• Thank you received: 375
Hi guys! I'm still here and alive ;-)
As already noted I will be releasing update very soon (probably this weekend). I need to look closer to USB issues caused by latest kernel upgrade first.
Stay safe!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avocette, Giles, jiberjaber, Marco
3 years 7 months ago #57769

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 1.102 seconds