INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

How Update Kstars on Astroberry RPi4

• Thank you received: 2
Hi all

Today I've checked for updates (sudo apt get update...) and I have seen that kstas 3.5.3 is at last ready for update.
I have updated it (after backing up my SD, of course).

Bad news for me:
- Lx200 OnStep driver is not the latest one (the one that includes rotator support)
- Artificial horizon vs sky colors have been swapped
- PHD2 does not connect with my mount (indi works, but does not connect to the mount) and exits after retrying.

Back to the previous version for now.

Regards,

Jordi.
2 years 9 months ago #72619

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
I also set up astroberry 2.0.3 and got after update upgrade an kstars 3.5.4
Unfortunately Lx200 OnStep does not start.
Indi stops connection with message that USB port is already in use......

First i thought this must be a hardware issue.
Has anybody a solution?

RC6;EQ5; OnStep STM32 Blackpill ; Omega Pro ; ASI120s
2 years 8 months ago #73656

• Thank you received: 50
A number of us (including @astronerd) have a similar problem that started when Raspberry Pi.org updated the RPi Linux kernel last summer, and although have been several kernel updates since then, the problem lingers. For some users it’s an insurmountable issue, for me I have found a few tricks that sometimes act like a workaround. In my case the two USB ports drive the mount and a Pegasus PPB, both through USB to serial converter chips. If I suffer the problem, I run with an equipment profile which omits the PPB and then return to the full profile and try again. This usually works, and I notice that the order of the Indi tabs is different with the mount as the first tab.
2 years 8 months ago #73672

• Thank you received: 1
Thanks Ed, for your reply. I'm just a beginner and not so familiar with software like those other guys here.
Meanwhile i figured out a lot of already solved problems here by other persons, the problem is that i have to read all that stuff.

The Status for me is at the moment that I'm using Astroberry on an Raspi 4 8G together with an GPIO GPS GEO 7m module. I did some changes in the config file and now it works fine.
I had still a problem with the indi_lx200_OnStep driver which i updated to the latest build (1.9.2 20.7.2021).
There is still going changes on progress and hope this will tackle my problem.

Now the indi_lx200_OnStep don't crash but I cannot control my mount by Ekos.
My KStars was updated by Astroberry repositors to 3.5.4.

May be that I should downgrade it to 3.5.3

My goal is to have KStars running on the Rpi.
The other solution could be to use the repositos from Jasem like Khalid proposed running Ubuntu connected directly to OnStep. But I prefere to use RPI as a standalone controling the system via VPN.

OnStep is running to the last stable version (4.24).

I#m still interested to any comments how to tackle this or how get a running KStars/OnStep system.

Joe
2 years 8 months ago #73908

• Thank you received: 140
@ED
yes it is a nightmare, the thing is I have now swapped out the RPI for a Intel NUC i3 mini PC, which means everything has now been changed, and still the problem is there……so I don’t think it could possibly be an RPI kernel issue…the only thing I have not changed is the mount, for the simple reason it works perfectly on windows, and with INdI, using an EQMOD Bluetooth adapter….so I am completely stumped now….. :( :(
2 years 8 months ago #73935

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds