INDI Library v1.8.5 Released (19 Apr 2020)

April 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.5 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

Trying to get Onstep to work with Astroberry

2 weeks 5 days ago
rnshagam
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Trying to get Onstep to work with Astroberry #57195
Hi, I've been struggling for some time now trying, to get my Onstep to work with Astroberry on a RPi 3B+. I've flashed and updated the latest version of Astroberry, and am running Onstep in the STM32 Blue Pill configuration. When connecting via /dev/ttyUSB0, I get the message '..Port /dev/ttyUSB0.is already used by another driver or process.' I've also been able to connect with WiFi--sort of, as EKOS can sometimes read the local RA/DEC, but nothing else happens. I've found other threads which allude to a problem that this version of the Onstep has using the CP2102 UART to TTL, but I've been unable to wind my way through the threads successfully to a solution (too many trial and error paths leading nowhere that I can follow).
Can someone please guide me through the fixes that I need to implement? I understand that it should be possible, but finding the help has been problematic.

I should note that my OnStep system runs just fine with ASCOM, supporting also PHD2 guiding and camera/mount control through APT on a creaky old PC laptop. I keep telling myself that if I can't get this INDI solution to work, then the RPi becomes either a garage door controller or a paperweight.

Thanks for any assistance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 days 21 hours ago
Kaczorek
More
Trying to get Onstep to work with Astroberry #57764
Serial devices IDs are assigned in the connection order i.e. first usb device would be /dev/ttyUSB0, second would be /dev/ttyUSB1 and so on (with some exceptions but I think they do not apply here).
Make sure that you test Onstep having this in mind. Also try testing it without other devices connected to USB. If it works reconnect each device one by one to identify the conflicting device.

--
Radek Kaczorek
Astroberry Server | NEQ6 | Atik 460EX | Atik EFW2 | ASI 120MM

4 days 20 hours ago
AradoSKYindi
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder
More
Trying to get Onstep to work with Astroberry #57825
Hello,

The magic word I read for me is UART. In ASCOM, the device probably shows up as COMX, where X is a number 1-n. Which port was this used as identified by ASCOM?

If a UART device, I use ttyACM for UART devices. To do this, I create a custom rule to establish ttyACM type ports. First, I use: LSUSB to see what the PI OS has taken in as identification. LSUSB will give the needed idVendor and idProduct values to build a rule.

Moderators: Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds