INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

after upgrade to 2.0.2 slow fits downloads...

• Thank you received: 10
First: Hats off to Kaczorek, ASTROBERRY is awesome and has served me very well over the last 24 month. Thanks Kacz!

recently updated from v1.1.0 to v2.0.2.

after the usual upgrade-hiccups I was able to connect, but downloads for my FITS - which I store on my desktop - have slowed down quite a bit: was 7ish seconds, now highly variable between 18 and 34sec. Maybe a VNC issue???

not too big a deal, but if there is an easy fix I would like to learn about it...

Thanks!
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Michael.
3 years 8 months ago #57789

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 375
I'm glad you like it Mike. I would suspect network connectivity and speed. For faster downloads you can use 5G mode (on RPi 4). Nothing else comes to my mind.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael
3 years 8 months ago #57885

• Thank you received: 10
I appreciate that, but my hardware is unchanged, and for the last year, during many nights, probably thousands of downloads, i had 7.5sec /32MB... I suspected VNC, does this not add another trip to the data?

Thank you
3 years 8 months ago #57937

• Thank you received: 375
VNC could be slower. You can try direct network connection via SMB. Pictures directory is served by default as windows shared folder.
From Astroberry perspective no changes would influence download times so double check your wireless link speed anyway.
3 years 8 months ago #57954

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.440 seconds