INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

The second HDMI screen is not activated, correct driver for AZEQ5 mount

• Thank you received: 0
Hello

I am starting up a pi 4 2gb Ram on distro astroberry 2.0.2, I want to put two monitors.

Here is a question, it only detects me and the main screen works, when I run the screen configuration it only detects the main monitor and not as HDMI 0 it sees it as Default and does not allow anything to be done with the second monitor.

Another question, I have a Skywatcher AZEQ5 connected to the pi4 through the USB 2.0 port, it only works for me with the EQMod driver, but it does not indicate the real coordinates of the telescope in the Kstars planetarium, am I using the correct driver for this mount? If it is adequate, do I have to configure something else in the INDI panel?

thank you
3 years 7 months ago #57903

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 50
On your second issue, I use Astroberry with my AZ-EQ5 mount via the EQMod driver to steer the telescope around my targets. It works fine for me.
3 years 7 months ago #57993

Thank You Avocette
I needed to confirm the correct driver for this mount.
I will look for what is the problem that Kstars does not represent correctly the coordinates of the Synscan.

Very thankful
3 years 7 months ago #58040

By the way, if you would like to use the internal USB interface on the mount, it only works at 115200 baud setting!
3 years 7 months ago #58044

Yes, and it communicates correctly.

The problem is that if it locates an object from SysScan, for example M51, it does not display the same position in Kstars.
This week I will do more tests and comment on the results.

Thank You
3 years 7 months ago #58055

I must say I never operate simultaneously with the hand control and KStars! One issue could be that there may be a conflict between the hand control setting the ‘freedom find’ auxiliary encoders active, whereas Indi ignores them. So the hand control may not consider the Park position to be parked if the auxiliary encoders feedback a different position. Make sure you turn the auxiliary encoders off in the hand controller settings.
3 years 7 months ago #58057

• Thank you received: 88
I believe that it is not a good idea to run simultaneously the hand controller and the USB serial interface of your mount. The hand controller and the indi-eqmod driver may send serial messages at the same time, and I don't know if this is supported (I mean electrically, there is only one wire for the RX port on the microcontroller, thus there should be some multiplexing somewhere or some short circuit protection). And as suggested by Avocette, both the hand controller and the indi-eqmod driver will have their own idea of where the mount is pointing. I believe it may depend on the order of your actions, without speaking of the auxillary encoders and different alignment models. If you perform an alignment with the hand controller, indi-eqmod has no way to access this model, and obviously vice-versa.
3 years 7 months ago #58126

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.816 seconds