INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astroberry w/ ASI462MC

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by randomic on topic Astroberry w/ ASI462MC

Just to let anyone finding this thread know. My problem does not occur with a Raspberry Pi 4.

Additionally, the creator of oacapture is including the new SDK in the next release. So it should be usable with this camera in all versions after 1.8.0
3 years 5 months ago #61938

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Markus on topic Astroberry w/ ASI462MC

I have the same issue with astroberry on a Pi 4 with oacapture and Firecapture: the ASI462MC cannot be connected.

With KStars and Ekos/Indi the ASI462MC is recognized and works...
3 years 4 months ago #63442

• Thank you received: 16

Replied by Adrian on topic Astroberry w/ ASI462MC

Just tried this with astro berry on a pi 4 .

Works with Kstars ekos Indi.

Works with oacapture. I set autobandwidth for usb. Also output as set and select a location for output.
Frames per second bit disappointing, maybe because I am running a sata drive on the other usb3 port.

Camera not recognised by firecapture.
The following user(s) said Thank You: randomic
3 years 3 months ago #64841

• Thank you received: 41
Recently I’ve been working with Torsten to give support to Firecapture on Raspeberry. Please, could you download and try the 2.7 beta 2?. I’ve made it works with the QHY5III462C that’s uses the same sensor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: randomic, Michael Gebetsroither
3 years 3 months ago #64842

• Thank you received: 16

Replied by Adrian on topic Astroberry w/ ASI462MC

Thanks for working on the rpi version.

I downloaded 2.7 beta 2
I don't see the installation instructions so I extracted it with tar xzf and cd to the directory and tried ./start.sh

No joy as it wants to be in /opt

Extract it to /opt as root and execute as astro berry. Bingo.

At full resolution 1936x1096
When plugged into USB 2 port 10fps none lost.

When plugged into USB 3 blue port choppy image. Fps starts at 11 and drops to 4 , alot of dropped frames.

Weird worse performance on usb3 on my pi4.

Well done and thanks a million.
The following user(s) said Thank You: randomic
3 years 3 months ago #64856

We don’t have any control about what the manufacturer’s SDK are doing. For example on the QHY I get 30fps full image (1920x1080) on an USB3 port. And regarding installing, there is also a .deb package on the same folder. A double click on it should do the trick without manual intervention.

Anyway happy to see that it’s working for you.
3 years 3 months ago #64868

Hi procras, is it possible to send me your settings for KSTARS/EKOS for this camera. I am trying to fix the connection problem for the last 5 days now and all i can see is the prewiew image, but no video! I am on PI 4 with Astroberry. Firecapture does not work, OACapture does not work. It is possible to connect the camera to ASI Studio on my Mac, there i can see Preview Image and Video, but i don't want to use the MAC in the field, that's why i bought the PI.

Regards,
Matthias
2 years 10 months ago #71043

oh really? does the QHY5III462C really work with firecapture with astroberry on a raspberry pi?
(becase this is the only instance on the internet i could find that this works)
And on the firecapture hp it states QHY cams only work on x86 not arm/raspy.

do you have a quick writeup on how you got it running? (no beginner description required, just the core parts)

(sry to crash into the discussion, but i'm also just deciding between the asi and qhy 462 cam, and not having it work on arm linux is a huge drawback)
2 years 10 months ago #71301

Yes the QHY462C works. I’ve been using on 2.7 beta. I’ve been helping Torsten lately with the raspberry support.

Please, could you try to download the .deb package from FC site? Doble click on it and let it installed on /opt.

Please double check that you have installed libusb. If not, please use apt install libusb.

If it doesn’t work, could you send the log file?

Thanks
2 years 10 months ago #71303

Awesome, thx!
Cam is on the way, I'll report back if there are problems.

Btw... I took a quick look at the Debian package... Is ther any way I can help a bit with the packaging? Some GitHub repo to submit pull requests? (I'm doing debian systems programming and packaging since 15 years)
2 years 10 months ago #71438

Hi Gebi,

Unfortunately there is not a public repo. Torsent handles this in a very particular way. For example, I only have access to some libraries code that is what needs to be compiled on each platform, but Torsten handles the java part (common code between all platforms).

But it could be very handy if you can help with the packages. If you want I can introduce you to Torsten, so you can propose your improvements. Because I'm pretty sure that there is a lot of improvements on the package department ;).

Regards
2 years 10 months ago #71458

Dang, that's a bummer :/
Especially as it's java and high performance code without obfuscation is released practically as source anyway, just making it harder to help.

And as I've read Thorsten speaking about it being hard to find enough time to work on it... (Basically echoing the problem of being the sole responsible person for a project)

Ok, let's try that :).
Normally I only contribute code/help anymore to projects being open about contribution, that means I expect an open development workflow with bugtracker and repository at least. (In my free time I don't want to again work on closed things, with all the warts)

In the end I not only want to propose the enhancements but provide them via PRs, because it's my way of giving back to Thorsten to help him make time free for other parts of the SW :)!
2 years 10 months ago #71459

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.964 seconds