INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astroberry 2.0.3, RPI 4 4G and CCD

• Thank you received: 15
Hello,

I seem to be not able to get capture to work with any CCD and any supplied Capture software. All I am getting is a blank screen regardless of which camera I select. Now, PoleMaster QT no longer works after updates.. Here is the rub. Polemaster works when I am Polar Aligning within INDI. However, QHY5LII and ZWO 120MM give blank screens when selected. At first, I thought it was the diffrence between mounts. The QHY5LII and ZWO 120MM have OTA mounts. OTA implies focusing. If I could get an image under RPI 4 I would be able to focus.

I started using OACapture and FIre Capture. With OACapture, I can select QHY5LII and PoleMaster. I get stopped with a cannot create a file messag. With the ZWO120MM, OACapture gives blank white screen. Fire Capture has the same issue but different. FireCapture only sees the ZWO. Upon connection, I get a message saying Captured failed. Hmm...

My configuration uses 2 4-port USB 3.0 hubs. The RSHTECH hubs were rated good. They work well within the USB 2.0 ports. INDI sees all connected devices and enumerates them. Video and Captures are blank screens. With 3.0 ports, everthing enumerates but the UBLOX-7 GPS. The dreaded USB 3.0 and GPS issue is still here.

I have tried isolating each CCD to see if OACapture and Fire Capture had hub related issues. Isolation did nothing. I know all CCD work under windows. I thought that updates fixed the USB 3.0 and Wireless conflict. I don't think I am out of the mess yet.

I am going to go back to RPI 3B+ tonight and see if this is more of an RPI4 issue. I keep it up to date.
3 years 5 months ago #61213

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 41
That's odd. I've been using a RP4 with Astroberry 2.0.3 with a ZWO ASI120MM-S for weeks without any problem. I've used the camera from:

* KStars/Ekos (for platesolving and guiding).
* PHD2 through the INDI driver to guide the mount.
* FireCapture and oaCapture doing planetary imaging.

I've connected the camera using a USB3.0 port on the RPI4. The only problem that I've detected is that when I capture at full frame (1920x960) on FireCapture I get some broken frames (a group of rows are "out of sync") for some seconds and then it returns to normal. When I select a smaller ROI (400x400) I was able to capture Mars videos up to 70fps

Which kind of ASI120MM do you have? mini? USB3? (mine, ASI120MM-S is a USB3 model)
3 years 5 months ago #61224

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. That is good to know of working solutions.

After reviewing the logs, I see all USB hardware identified as high-speed devices. The OS properly assigns a driver to handle the discussion. High speed usually requires larger buffers to manage the discussion.

When streaming, INDI complains that the buffer needs to be increased to 2048. This would imply my hunch that the buffer needs to be increased. I remember a 512 starting number. This could be the driver running out of buffer.

Today, I need to align my Orion Easy finder 2 to my scope. I will hook everything up a tinker with the buffer. I save my profiles. I can investigate the profiles for buffer settings before setup.
3 years 5 months ago #61233

Hello,

After setting up my Orion Ez-finder II, I isolated my QHY5LII and ZWO 120MM-M to see settings and ascertain their function. My good news is that both devices worked. I increased the QHY5LII buffer to 2048 as recommended by INDI. The ZWO doesn’t have a buffer setting.

To me, my operational problem is resource management. Having the PoleMaster, QHY5LII-C, and ZWO in the mix is not fully functional. Each device is used as needed. None should be operational 100% of the time. They should be 100% ready to be used. I will pay attention to memory with task manager. A 2G OS footprint is bigger than an RPI3B+. Most of the rest of the 4G memory is relegated to swap memory.

In PA, the first attempts of image capture begin with a blank screen, then a grainy image, and finally a beautiful shot of Polaris. Anything less than perfect and Solver aborts. I stop it before Solver errors out. This indicates resource management.

Next clear night, I will refine my Orion EZ-finder II and limit my device list. PoleMaster should be resource ready.
3 years 5 months ago #61295

Hello,

I isolated my CCD from my configuration and setup to see if all cameras were working. I discovered both operational. in a recent update event, I was getting message about a full volume. That is strange. I started out a 32G Micro drive. I am on a 64G. I am out of space?

Use: df -h

Yep, my /def/root was 100% full. My AVI and FITS files were choking up the file system. I am wondering about 400G boot drive to alleviate to need to SOLVE and capture images. I have an extra 32G USB drive. I will push my AVI and FITS images to there. Maybe this is why I am having CCD issues. I will see tonight.
3 years 5 months ago #61552

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.673 seconds