INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

PHD2 Installation on the Latest Astroberry build

• Thank you received: 5
Hi All,

I am new to this forum, although I registered my interest way back. So I decided to have a go with Indi and Ekos so i am looking at Astroberry Server.

I have now been able to successfully take images as a test, Darks Lights, ....

I have also successfully set up and can operate my mount without any problem other than of my own doing.

My final set up after testing the first two is to use PHD2. I decided to use PHD2 as I am successfully using it for my current setup and as I have limited space in the back yard I can only use Drift alignment. Polar alignment is out of the question.

Cutting to the chase:

I tried starting PHD2 from the server and nothing. I get an hourglass appear for about 20 seconds then nothing. I have searched the forum without success, the closest was a problem where killing existing PHD2 process was the solution, but that is not the issue in my case. I am wondering if it has installed correctly, I have done the obligatory sudo apt Update && sudo apt install $$ sudo apt dist upgrade. All saying there is nothing to update/upgrade.

I am running out of option other than running and separate install but not sure if the installation from the .img is configured differently.

I am more a hobby embedded programmer and advanced hardware designer. Software issues are not my strong point.

Any suggestion please?
3 years 5 months ago #61965

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi All,

I have found a problem that I need to investigate and will post it to the forum somewhere when i have compiled the conditions.

I can get the issue resolved only by a certain operating procedure but is still some sort of bug. As i am more a hardware dude software reporting is a limitation on my capability.

Malcolm
3 years 5 months ago #62101

I initially had a setup using a RPi Zero. Works great but PHD2 doesn't work.

Now I received a RPi 4 8G and it is working and well although having issue with PHD2 and KStar crashing after losing a guide star.
3 years 4 months ago #63858

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.490 seconds