INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

KSTARS and stellarsolver package - tryingn to build

• Thank you received: 19
HI Jasem...
I have set up a brand new astroberry install - it is reporting 3.4.3 KSTARS but I know it is not latest as it still has that wonderful crash-on-park with OnStep bug which you have fixed.....I need to either find a way to get your nightly build or as I am doing now, try to compile form GIT - when I do this I am missing STELLARSOLVER....however there apparently is no package I can find to install it!.....I am between a rock and hard place here:
1) is there wa ys to install your nightly build on astroberry
2) where or how can I find stellarsolver for raspbian OS
3) am I just pooched until you release and update that astgroberry ppa sets up?

Thanks in advance!!!! Jamie
3 years 5 months ago #62029

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 41
Hi Jamie,

I was on the same boat, with a Raspberry PI and OnStep... crashing on KStars 3.4.3. But there is a way to compile it on your RPI

1) Checkout stellarsolver's master branch from Robert Lancaster's repo github.com/rlancaste/stellarsolver. Compile and install it
2) Then, checkout KStars master branch. Compile and install it

It's done, you will have a working copy of the most recent version of KStars/Ekos with support for the brand new Stellarsolver
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul
3 years 5 months ago #62032

Again - you are rockstar! successful build of stellsolver and the make is in progress now for Kstars
Will close this one when complete :-)
3 years 5 months ago #62033

Build of both complete and back to 3.5 beta! Yahhooo. Park works, and now to test - my point in all of this is to find the diff between astroberry and smtellarmate that is causing the issue related to boot and any drive larger than 64gig - now I can comparatively test...thanks for the help
3 years 5 months ago #62034

• Thank you received: 69
Be aware that nightly builds for the last week or so have been a little more unstable than usual. The team are preparing for the 3.5.0 release, and there are some major changes, it does seem to be starting to get back to stability, but if you encounter issues you might need to find a way to check-out the source of an earlier 3.5.0 beta release.
3 years 5 months ago #62041

Thanks - I like living on he edge :-)....I keep a horde of SD cards with different version so I can also get back to running while I debug things
3 years 5 months ago #62064

• Thank you received: 69

Excellent, and, of course, they will appreciate your testing and reporting of problems etc...
3 years 5 months ago #62065

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.799 seconds