INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ASI533MC Pro and UBlox 7 GPS module

• Thank you received: 0
Hello Cofford, so sorry to ask but I am trying to get my asi120mm mini to work on rasbery pi 4 in PHD2. The camera is not detected at all.
I am not even sure that phd2 is properly linked to INDI. How did you get yours to work. I have read that the mini does not work on Linux, others
say you have to flash the mini; yet, i find not files to flash that camera with. No help from ZWO forum or support.
Thank You
Harry Nash
3 years 1 month ago #67613

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
Funny I was looking into this yesterday.

The ASI120mm is the one with the issue, the bigger unit not the mini, and not the 120mm-s which is the USB3 version.

However I do see reports of issues with this camera ASI120mm mini, but not like the other one. I do have issues with this camera ASI120mm mini in Windows using APT and the native drivers. I had to connect my main camera first 294mc to APT and then connect the ASI120mm mini to PHD2 with the native driver, and always connect the usb cables/hub the exact same way. It's still iffy and that's one of the reasons I recently switched to Pi4.

I am using the 120mm mini mono AND a 294MC on the Raspberry Pi4 and Kstars/Ekos. I had some camera drop outs in PHD2 and couldn't work it out with this configuration. I selected INDI camera and INDI mount in PHD2. At that point you don't start your camera, you just always keep PHD2 running and Ekos will handle that as long as you select PHD2 as the guiding program when you create your Ekos profile. Here:

So I tried the internal guider and was getting good results with no drop outs. Some things to try too:

Here are some things to try regarding this camera (120mm mini mono):
plug it into the hub of your main camera (if that's an option)
plug it directly into a different USB port on your computer, preferably USB2
take it off of the usb3 hub.
3 years 1 month ago #67722

• Thank you received: 1
I had the same issue. It was because of 2 things, the usb gps device needed to be a few feet away from the pi4 and it had to be outside (duh), AND I had to map out the device to a port/address/name.

I created a udev rule to do this, and pointed the GPSD file to point to the newly named device.

Attached are my poorly documented notes from various sources including here: gist.github.com/edro15/1c6cd63894836ed982a7d88bef26e4af

File Attachment:

File Name: GPSBinding.txt
File Size:2 KB
3 years 1 month ago #67724
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 0
I installed astroberry and the asi120mm mini works fine (in daytime testing).
I even have gphoto2 working with my Nikon D90.
Thank You
3 years 1 month ago #67758

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.716 seconds