INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Image Capture failed after 3 attempts

• Thank you received: 0
Hey all,

While running my Raspberry Pi 4 with the EQMOD driver, ZWO CCD driver for my imager, and ZWO CCD driver for my guider, I run into a problems sometimes with image acquisition. My imager is a ZWO183MC and the guider is a ZWO120MM mini.

If I go to capture an image using Ekos and select the ASI120, I can take a picture no problem and the FITS viewer shows up immediately. However, if I try to capture using the ASI183, often it will behave as though it’s taking a photo, but then it will say something like “recapturing”, and then the INDI Control Panel will display “Error: Image Capture failed after 3 attempts”. If I disconnect and then reconnect to the 183 in the Control Panel and try to capture an image again, it works fine for a while. With Kstars running on my laptop (bypassing the RP4) and the 183 directly connected, it works 100% of the time.

I also run into a problem on the RP4 where, when image capture via the 183 does work, it shows “Downloading...” for a significant period of time, sometimes up to 2 minutes for a single exposure. Could this be a bandwidth issue because I’m using a WiFi connection to the Pi? Would running an Ethernet cable to the Pi help with this?
Mount: Skywatcher EQM-35 Pro
Main Imager: ZWO 183MC Uncooled
Guider1: SSAG (Retired)
Guider2: ZWO 120mm mini
Telescope: Celestron 6” SCT with Hyperstar
3 years 4 months ago #64063

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.613 seconds