INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ask everyone, how to install siril in astroberry?

• Thank you received: 0
I downloaded the siril installer, siril_0.99.6-1_amd64-testing.tar.bz2, it contains 2 files, siril-0.99.6-1-amd64.deb and siril-common-0.99.6-1 -all.deb, only the common file can be installed, but after the installation is complete, I can't find the installed siril, it seems to be the same as before, I don’t know if the installation was successful. Please help me, thank you!
3 years 2 months ago #65425

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 41
When building from sources, it install a link in the "Others" menu item on Astroberry main menu. Could you find it there?
3 years 2 months ago #65531

• Thank you received: 69
And are you installing on amd64 or arm hardware?
3 years 2 months ago #65534

Astroberry is running arm code, not arm64 code. The hardware is not the problem here, because the RP4 can run both kind of code depending on the OS you have installed. As I’ve said, Astroberry is armhf, not arm64

Regards
3 years 2 months ago #65539

• Thank you received: 69
I agree about Astroberry being armhf, but his original message referred to amd rather than arm, so it made me think he had downloaded a version for an AMD chip based PC rather than a RPi.
3 years 2 months ago #65549

Jerry you are right!. I've never imagined that the processor brand was used for a custom build. I'm pretty sure that this is a "bug" on the package name. I'll ask to the developers
Regards
3 years 2 months ago #65550

Sorry, I just reply to you now. The siril I installed through the command is a very old version. It will appear in the "Other" in the "Menu". When I install the 0.99.6 debian 32-bit version on the siril official website, "Other "The folder disappeared, and I don't know where the new version of siril was installed. There is no trace of it.
3 years 2 months ago #66391

Thank you for replying to my post about siril installation, because I have been a bit busy lately and I did not thank you in time. very sorry.

I use the following command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:lock042/siril
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install siril

Installing siril is an old version. I downloaded the debian 32bit version from the siril official website to install it, and it showed that it was uninstalling the previous version during installation, and then the installation was complete. But the "Other" menu disappeared with the old version of siril, and the new version of siril did not know where it was installed.

I saw your post before installing the latest version of siril. How did you install it? Do you use commands? Or download the installation package?
3 years 2 months ago #66416

I’ve installed it using the source files. From the notes, the steps I’ve followed are:
sudo apt install -y libgtk-3-dev libconfig-dev libfftw3-dev libexiv2-dev libopencv-dev libraw-dev libffms2-dev libheif-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev gnuplot cmake libgsl-dev ninja-build libcurl4-openssl-dev

sudo pip3 install meson==0.54.2

git clone https://gitlab.com/free-astro/siril.git 

cd siril
git submodule sync --recursive
git submodule update --init --recursive 

meson --buildtype release _build 
ninja -C _build
sudo ninja -C _build install
3 years 2 months ago #66419

By the way, I’ll try with the official packet to see if I can find the problem you are facing
3 years 2 months ago #66420

Many thanks! I will try your installation method tonight.
3 years 2 months ago #66430

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 1.046 seconds