INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Latest Astroberry - KStars 3.5,3 crashes to the desktop when EKOS tries to load Cloudwatcher.

• Thank you received: 155
I upgraded Astroberry to 2.0 and appreciated seeing Kstars 3.5.3.  But as soon as INDI tries to load Cloudwatcher, KStars crashes to the desktop.  I tried KStars 3.5.3 on Stellarmate and also on Ubuntu - and this error does not happen.  KStars 3.5.2 did not have this issue on the previous version of Astroberry.  I connected my MacBook to the Astroberry's INDI web server - and Cloudwatcher was fine.   Only when I launch EKOS on KStars 3.5.3 on the latest Astroberry build crashes when EKOS loads Cloudwatcher.  

I switched USB ports and it worked - but only one time.  After the next boot - it started failing again.

I upgraded Astroberry to 2.0 and appreciated seeing Kstars 3.5.3.  But as soon as INDI tries to load Cloudwatcher, KStars crashes to the desktop.  I tried KStars 3.5.3 on Stellarmate and also on Ubuntu - and this error does not happen.  KStars 3.5.2 did not have this issue on the previous version of Astroberry.  I connected my MacBook to the Astroberry's INDI web server - and Cloudwatcher was fine.   Only when I launch EKOS on KStars 3.5.3 on the latest Astroberry build crashes when EKOS loads Cloudwatcher.  

I switched USB ports and it worked - but only one time.  After the next boot - it started failing again.

Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Peter Kennett.
2 years 9 months ago #72602
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Well, I got Cloudwatcher connect (ttyUSB1) but now my Esatto focuser refuses to connect. It had wanted to connect to ttyUSB1, so I disconnected it, powered off, powered back on, and now the Esatto INDI driver can ONLY see ttyUSB0 as an available port. I tried to connect to USB0, but INDI says that port is bring used. I disconnected the Cloudwatcher, and tried again, and still only USB0 shows as the only port available, yet my Esatto refuses to connect to it.

This is so frustrating. Four hours already spent just trying to get these two devices to connected without success - yet they both work with Stellarmate, or from my Mac. Also the previous Astroberry worked fine.

PS:  The above ONLY works if I use Indi web manger.  If I try connecting directly, it still crashes to the desktop.  :(

Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Peter Kennett.
2 years 9 months ago #72650

• Thank you received: 140
I have the same issue with two items not connecting  to serial ports, and constantly trying to connect but never getting there, if I am lucky one will connect but never the two…and even when one connects the other still try’s to connect to that same port when it’s already in use, which is ridiculous why does INdI do this, it’s driving me mad, and my kit is unusable, I have asked Jasem, but not getting any help :(
2 years 9 months ago #72656

It's unfortunate that Linux is unable to handle USB/serial connections well - when Macs have no trouble at all. I just won an old MacMini (2012) for $250, with a 500GB SSD drive, 16GB RAM, and 4 USB3 ports. I will install Kstars, and FireCapture 2.7 on it - and then attach that to my observatory to run all the gear. I hope it is more stable and easier to manage. It just consumes more power unfortunately.
2 years 9 months ago #72659

PS:  After all the USB connection issues, I pulled the Astroberry Pi4 and put the Stellarmate Pi4 back.  I simply swapped out the Pies and reattached the USB cable that runs to my powered hub.  All my gear re-connected without issue.  I would keep the Stelleramate connected, but I am unable to get FireCapture 2.7beta to run on it.  That's the new version that works with INDI.   Anyway, I will also try just using an old MacMini in there instead.  I found a cheap one online, 16GB ram, 4 USB ports and 500GB SSD drive.
2 years 9 months ago #72660

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds