INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

altair 183c protec compatible?

• Thank you received: 1
hi all.
easy question i hope.
owned this altair 183c protec for over a month trying to get it work with stellarmate/indi but im starting to belive it wont work with stellarmate/indi after many failed imaging attempts.
so question is, is it me or will this camera not work?
can provide logs, screenshots, settings and many wasted hours if needed.
thank you in advance
Rob
2 years 8 months ago #74490

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello Robert, welcome to INDI forums. Yesterday I fixed one issue that could affect this camera. Can you please switch to beta/nightlies release and test if the driver works OK now?
2 years 8 months ago #74493

hi jasem and thank you for taking time to reply.
first off i changed to beta release and to me made no difference.
but please let me explain my problems.
the indi driver actually seems to work. it detects and starts camera. all settings are available.
i can capture images of any  time/gain/offset.
but its the resulting images that are the problem. way to dark!
its like there is some kind of filter on the lens.
i have pointed the scope up to the sky in daylight and took a 10 second exposure and it comes out black. even stretching the image only turns it grey with no detail.
yet if i drag my setup down and connect to pc and use altair capture i see what i would expect to see from camera
attached are both logs from before setting to beta and after a fresh install of stellarmate with beta updates.
also some screen shots.
thank you again for any help

File Attachment:

File Name: log_13-50-48.txt
File Size:2 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: log_17-47-17.txt
File Size:32 KB
2 years 8 months ago #74501
Attachments:

How do the images appear in KStars? maybe it's just a stretch issue? Gain adjustments didn't help?
2 years 8 months ago #74506

thank you again for replying.
no change if i alter gain or offset.
i should have explained the screenshots i took.
the first one is 2 hours worth of images  on ngc 1449 stacked in dss. eventually. dss has a hard time stacking as there is so few stars in images. the histogram is stuck to the left and i cant process any data from stacked image.
second, third and fourth image are just my settings in stellarmate.
the last image is from altair capture. i brought scope and camera (my setup is in loft which is why i use rasberry pi with stellarmate) to my pc took an image during day and the image looks as it should. but same image in stellarmate is just dark. histogram stuck to the left.
i have tried to copy settings as best i could from altair capture into stellarmate with no luck.
thank you again

on another note while i remember.
plate solving and polar alignment routines do work fine and the previews from them show more stars than an actual long exposure image. but i do have to auto stretch the image to see stars. but plate solving works regardless if i stretch image in preview.
usually do 5 seconds exposures with 500 gain for plate solving and 3 minute subs with 400 gain 16 offset
thank you
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Robert. Reason: add ons
2 years 8 months ago #74507

Can you post a link to a FITS image captured with Ekos?
2 years 8 months ago #74511

• Thank you received: 102
The fits image you posted looks fine to me. Maybe you didn't have the auto-stretch turned on in the fits viewer? It's the button on the bottom left of the window. I also turned on auto-debayer in the settings, if you don't do that, you'll see a monochrome image and not a color one like here.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
2 years 8 months ago #74517
Attachments:

Yes I do click the auto stretch button in the preview. Should that automatically apply the stretch to the downloaded subs?
because as I say dss struggles to find enough stars to stack an image, and when I does as from 1st screenshot the histogram is way over to the left and I can't process any data in photoshop.
Also when pointing the scope at the daylight sky both images are literally like night and day between altair capture and stellarmate.
I know dedicated astro cameras are a big learning curve. What am I doing wrong?
does anyone else own a 183c protec that works with indi could post their settings?
Thanks all for the help.
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Robert. Reason: Correction
2 years 8 months ago #74522

Time to create page: 1.717 seconds