INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

3.5.5 Beta - QHY Cameras are seen but cannot operate - INDI_GETPROP

• Thank you received: 19
First test of new build from latest INDI/Kstars - QHY183 and QHY294 both non functional - show up in control panel but cannot capture - going to waste my Saturday reverting code - very disappointed
2 years 8 months ago #74688

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

A new mystery - I left the system off all night, this morning I can connect both cameras BUT  my scripts for running camera #2 now fail and even simple indi_getprop while at console results in " connect(localhost,7624): connection refused" - attempted to use a different port and get the same thing

WHAT CAN CAUSE CONNECTION REFUSED when INDI is fully running - is this a result of basic apt update that was just done - can anyone else to an indi_getprop today after doing sudo apt update

BTW - INDI-3rdparty qhy driver was built and installed and the qhy test camera scripts work fine now - did not last night!!!
2 years 8 months ago #74700

refused 99% is a port issue. Are you sure which port INDI server was running at? Nothing was really changed about the drivers (QHY) so whatever issues are either build or just system flukes (power, cables, ..etc).
2 years 8 months ago #74701

Yeah...port is confirmed as default 7624- and local host returns ping - I have started a server on 7625 with camera - I get the same refused! -perhaps my use of indi_getprop is no longer correct?
2 years 8 months ago #74702

nothing changed in almost two decades as far as that script goes. You can connect KStars to the INDI server fine?
2 years 8 months ago #74703

I was also able to connect from laptop to the PI using windows/kstars/webmanager and control camera with no issue - so port 7624 is open and communicating only NOT from console on the pi -
Using netstat I can see a listen on 0.0.0.0 and an establish between 7624 and 38802.....this feels like some basic rasbian permission kind of like a firewall
2 years 8 months ago #74704

I there a way to call indi_getprop with an IP - perhaps if I use the 192.168.x.x I will bypass whatever if blocking local host - since the apps are running can can see the server I am SURE this is the OS blocking
2 years 8 months ago #74705

tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:7624 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:52216 127.0.0.1:7624 ESTABLISHED
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:7624 127.0.0.1:52216 ESTABLISHED

astroberry@astroberry:~ $ indi_getprop
connect(localhost,7624): Connection refused

This is so wierd - can anyone advise where local host would possibly get a permission change? - Is it possible the indi_getprop script itself needs new permissions
2 years 8 months ago #74711

sudo indi_getprop same thing?
2 years 8 months ago #74716

Yes - one of the first things I tried - there must be a new change in OS level from latest apt get - or the indiserver itself is blocking - yet webclient and local client can all connect
2 years 8 months ago #74717

FYI - Just rebuilt Kstars 3.5.4 stable - still on INDI 1.9.1 built form stable branch zip and same problem - next test will be t take it off any network but I don't thing that is the issue as I am not on any kind of domain
2 years 8 months ago #74723

• Thank you received: 102
Try
indi_getprop -h 127.0.0.1

That will cause it to use IPv4. If no options are given, it will try to use IPv6, and indiserver isn't listening on IPv6.
2 years 8 months ago #74727

Time to create page: 0.945 seconds